Thruxton Low Clip Ons

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mark thomas, May 14, 2017.

1. mark thomas

mark thomas New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    walsall
    Hi newbie here..bought my new thruxton r in March and chuffed to death with it.. had the fairing fitted as an extra month later and they've lowered the handlebars.
    Now I love the sporty look but at 50 my backs struggling after an hour on it.
    I've got the original bars and have saw some YouTube videos of yanks who have recently fitted them back on.
    Question is has anyone on here done the task and what's the verdict. I'm not a mechanic so been quoted £40 to change em back but worried it might not look right .
    Your Views on this would be most appreciated.
    Mark.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Sorry mate, £40 quid to change it back,then another if you're not happy a weeks booze money give it a go if it's going to make your ride perfect it's a good price to pay

3. Thruccy Sean

Thruccy Sean Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    I've not 'yet' swapped out the bars on my Thruxton. But on my previous bike (granted nothing quite like a Thruxton) I changed the bars maybe 3 or 4 times whilst I had it it.

First time took me maybe 2 hours, I took pictures of everything to make sure it all went back exactly where it should and I really took my time to familiarise myself with all the bits and pieces on the bars.

To be honest as long as you put things back where they belong it's a relatively straight forward job. In the end I could swap the handlebars over during a half hour lunch break at work.

I say give it a go yourself. You'll enjoy it and a sense of achievement once you've done it :)