The New girl

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Purplezest, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Purplezest

Purplezest New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hi I'm Katie, 23 a Newbie from Nottingham

i passed my tests last year (Oct) both modules in the wind and Rain, Damn the UK weather!, Sold my Honda CBF125 and Picked up my new Imperial purple street triple (2012 model) on Saturday and I LOVE IT!!!! Now my only wish is for the weather to vastly improve to wall to wall sunshine so i don't have to get off it XD But first need to find a new tax disc holder...supplied ones always suck.

You might see me around if so say hi XD

P.S please ignore my boots in the photo, my first bike was a red Honda, i am planning on buying some new black ones XD

Photo of me before my first ride on my ST and some shots of it in the dealership XD

65505_10151537632097803_13547148_n.jpg 424536_10151449175347803_1864034221_n.jpg 528906_10151449175352803_932869871_n.jpg

65505_10151537632097803_13547148_n.jpg

424536_10151449175347803_1864034221_n.jpg

528906_10151449175352803_932869871_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hey Katie, great to see another Notts triple rider....
    Where do you ride??
    Nice machine :smile:

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi Katie Purplezest, welcome to the forum possibly our first lady member. Must be something about purple bikes; my wife also has a Purple Street Triple. :upyeah:

4. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Hey Katie, congratulations on your new bike and thanks for joining the forum. Also great to see pics of the street ;) hope you enjoy every ride.

5. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Welcome to the forum Katie, thats an awesome colour of the triple :).

How are you enjoying the bike? Do you ride around Sherwood/that way?

6. Purplezest

Purplezest New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    Wha really? i am sure other women will hope on soon XD The purple is an amazing colour so i am not too surprised

7. Purplezest

Purplezest New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    #7 Purplezest, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    yeh i LOVE the bike, A very nice jump from my 125 to a bigger bike. just ordered a seat cowl now as well, arrives at the dealer on tues, just hoping for a nice day when i can ride down and pop it on. I generally ride anywhere, at the moment i mainly ride out with my dad so if you spot a massive BMW touring bike (in a kind of cherry red) and a purple ST that's me XD but yes we have gone around sherwood, you ride around that area?

8. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I need to get a cowl for mine as well, completes the look of the bike somewhat. Ill have to keep an eye out for you two on the roads! I usually ride around Leicester area but Im looking for some new roads, I have driven around sherwood before and the roads look great for bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Quite a step up from a 125 up to Street Triple, but that's exactly what the other half did last year. That's the attraction of the Street; it's light, small, smooth, unintimidating at low revs but quick when you get the revs up. In my opinion a great first big bike that you will not get bored with.
    Good to see younger riders still getting into biking, it will be interesting to see what the new stricter learner laws do; too strict in my opinion. Only had to ride round the block twice in 1980 and they gave me a licence :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Purplezest

Purplezest New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    Yeh i feel the same, i was wondering which one to get though..the normal one of one a bit different but after popping down to triumph pidcocks they had a bike with the normal one and one a bit different, i fully decided then i want the normal one. Cant wait to get it on the bike now. I went to uni in leicester so i know it somewhat definitely more hills in Nottingham XD we have some very nice roads in notts.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Purplezest

Purplezest New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    Yes it was! but i must say my instructor had a rather old Honda 500 which weighted a tone, handled like a brick..to say the least i hated it! but it did make my 125 feel like a scooter on the ride home XD But due to the new test he can't use it anymore! so just as i left he got a second hand Kawa Er-6n which i did have a cheeky go on. and was actually the only bike i did get to test before i decided which to go for, (Suzuki SFV650, Kawa Er-6n or the triumph) due to having to have my license for over 1yr! But i 100% know i got the right bike for me, the first ride out fully confirmed this couldn't wipe the grin off my face XD

Yeh the new learner laws are stupid really, personally i can say i never would have taken my CBT in the first place if i had all that faff and tests! best option now is to stick it out till you are 23 get learning for a year+ then go for the DAS when you are 24. Thankfully i passed all tests first time if not i would have been cutting it mighty fine to be under the new law. Though an update from my instructor tells me he's had no people book in to go for the A2 test which does not surprise me really.

Yeh my dad had the same block test, said his emergency stop was the dude randomly jumping out infront of him. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Just glad my lad passed his bike test last year when he was 18, now rides a Ducati 620 multistrada (resticted to 33bhp) but next year at 19 he will have a full unresticted licence. That can not happen now, makes me angry when you can pass a car test and drive anything.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Purplezest

Purplezest New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    Yeh it doesn't make much sense, all just to make them more money i suppose, the more tests they make you take the more they can make but at the same time more people they put off.

Update: My seat cowl has just arrived so i have added it to my ST and loving it! i don't plan on having anyone on the back and i really think it helps finish off the bike :smile: sorry for the blurry/bad photos...i need a nice sunny day really

seat cowlless.jpg

seat cowlless.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hey Pz, the cowl looks good, if your not planning on a pillion, loose the pillion pegs... Two bolts under subframe each side, job done, looks sharp and looses nearly 1kg!! Did it come with the R&G mushrooms, bar ends and engine armour or have you added these?
    Looking good :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Purplezest

Purplezest New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    Ah i totally forgot about the foot pegs! Thanks for reminding me :upyeah:, i will be removing them.

Yeh it came fully kitted in R&G accessories. I was actually supposed to buy the used purple ST at Pidcocks in notts but 5mins before i arrived they had sold it to a dude, Just by chance we went up to Stratstone in Leicester they had this new purple ST in due to R&G borrowing it for showing off their accessories then giving it back still fully kitted out. It has Aero Crash Protectors, Engine Case Covers, Engine Case Slider Right Hand Side, Fork Protectors, Rear Spindle Sliders, Paddock Stand Cotton Reels, Bar End Sliders, Tail Tidy, Rear Micro LED Indicators, Rear Shocktube, Aluminium Toe Guard, Radiator Guard, It also did have carbon fibre tank Protectors on it but i got the dealer to remove them due to the fact i didn't like them (shown in piccy) They also added in front micro LED indicators and an adjustable clutch lever for my girly hands. All the triumph accessories were already on it too...apart from the cowl of course. All these extra's came free on the bike so i was very pleased to find it XD

Funny thing though when i got home Piddy's rang me saying the guy who placed his deposit on the used ST didn't want it anymore, but i am glad it happened though because i found this baby :wink: New purple ST 2013 plated well chuffed :upyeah:

Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 17.31.06.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 17.31.06.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Sounds like you got a good deal :upyeah:

17. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Wow the girl did good!! Great Spec PZ, yeah I have to admit I would of lost the tank gaurd a too... eBay them...
    Which tank pad did you go for??

18. Purplezest

Purplezest New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    In the end i went for an orbital tank pad...At first i did buy an oxford tank pad but it already had defects in the pad so i am returning it! I shall be taking a photo once it arrives so you can see...which shall hopefully be here next week :biggrin:

Also a bonus just got an email from Stratstone triumph in leicester saying they want to fit the master security system to my bike for free...and they have agreed to do it on my first service, So hopfully mid april! thats if we get some good weather! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1