Rideout The Grand Meet Up Wednesday Ride Out.

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Tiglet, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Right guys after riding the route and after much consideration I've decide to slightly amend the original Wednesday ride out route that I posted in the lounge section of the forum.
    The route I'm about to post is comprehensive and hopefully everyone can follow it.

I don't know what else is happening on the Wednesday, if there's another ride out or if others are doing their own thing. Anyone wishing to join me is welcome.
    It's up to the individual.

I must say that anyone joining me will be responsible for their own riding/actions. Sorry it has to be said.

The ride will be a bimble on a few A roads, quite a few B and quite a few minor roads. Don't forget we will be riding in the countryside. We will be using the drop off system so hopefully no one will get lost.
    If this doesn't suit you please feel free to do your own thing.

I will most probably have breakfast at the Flash Bar Stores prior to the ride.

The ride will start from the Royal Oak car park leaving at 10.00 prompt. Please fuel tanks full and bladders empty.

The Route: R=Right L=Left :rolleyes:

R out of Royal Oak car park to Longnor.
    At Longnor L onto B5053 to Warslow.
    At Warslow R onto Leek Rd signed Leek and Newtown.
    Follow the road all the way to the end at the T junction (The Mermaid Inn opposite) and turn L signed Leek and Onecote.
    Through Thorncliffe passing the Red Lion on your R, continue to T junction turn R onto A53 signed Buxton.
    At Blackshaw Moor turn L signed Tittesworth Reservoir. Pass reservoir and Meerbrook heading for Rushton Spencer.
    At junction turn R onto A523 through Rushton Spencer to Bosley traffic lights turning R onto the A54 signed Buxton.
    Continue on the A54 to the junction with the A537 turn L passing the Cat and Fiddle pub on your R. Pub now closed.
    Turn R onto Bull Hill Lane signed Rainow to the end and at T junction turn R onto the B5470 signed Whalley Bridge.
    At Whalley Bridge we will encounter roadworks, continue on the B5470 to Chapel-en-le-Frith (C-e-l-F).
    Into C-e-l-F passing Morrisons petrol station, just after the Old Pack Horse pub turn L and go under the A6 flyover.
    Continue on and turn L at brown sign for Castleton Caves and Pervil Castle.
    Go down hill through Winnats Pass and turn R at T junction continue through Castleton onto A6187.
    At Hope turn R at traffic lights, Travellers Rest pub on your L, onto the B6049 and continue through Bradwell.
    Turn L for Gt Hucklow and L again after about 100yards continue through Gt Hucklow with the Queens Arms on your R.
    Continue on with the Barrel Inn on your L and at T junction turn L signed Grindleford.
    Down hill into Grindleford and turn R at T junction (Sir William Hotel opposite) at next T junction turn R onto B6001 signed Bakewell.
    Continue to cross roads with traffic lights and turn R onto A623 signed Manchester and Stockport.
    Continue along the A623 passing Yondermans cafe on your L and turn L onto B6049 through Tideswell and Millers Dale.
    At T junction turn R onto the A6 signed Buxton and Manchester, turn L onto the A5270 signed Brierlow Bar.
    Continue to the end of the A5270 and turn R onto the A515 signed Buxton and turn L onto the B5053 signed Longnor.
    Into Longnor and at the cross roads turn L signed Crowdecote and Bakewell and onto the Royal Oak.

All arriving at the Royal Oak safe and sound after an enjoyable ride.

Dave.

• Like Like x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #2 crispey, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Do you have a rough duration?

3. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    All good m8, good day out with some of the forum good ride out just a little sorry for having high vis vest and America bike hope to meet again one day cheers have a safe trip home when you go

4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Aha I see a pattern forming here.........