Tec Shocks ?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Wire-Wheels, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Do any of you guys have a set of TEC shocks on thier Bonnie ? They are not seen here in the US. Can anyone tell me what they think ? They are pretty inexpensive...J.D.

TECbikeparts-com shocks.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I had them on a Street twin, found them ok. You only get what you pay for, so you have to way up what you are looking for. IMHO they were better than the stock springs, but there are better ones on the market.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #3 Wire-Wheels, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Thanks for the response. Like I said, I had not seen these offered in the U.S.. I was suspicious because they are so cheap. It is not urgent that I replace the shocks on my America, but as all who have one of these bikes can tell you, the stock ones are not great. ...J.D.

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Have a look at YSS shocks mate :)
    I fitted them to my Speedmaster and they made a world of difference to the comfort and handling :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Thanks Dilligaf. I'll certainly check them out. Like all bikes that us working class can afford, the America/Speedmaster were built to a price point. That always means they cut corners on suspension and brakes. I always buy older bikes because I can afford to play with and upgrade them. I find it more interesting than buying something new and just making payments. ...J.D.

Latest upgrade done this year on "Lola". Pretech Caliper.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    I will second Dilligafs comments as i use YSS shocks as well, budget price for a top quality shock.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1