Tank Grips

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Chocolate Rat, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Chocolate Rat

Chocolate Rat Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Norfolk, UK
    Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for tank grips for a white RS. I mention the colour because I bought a set of Eazy Grips in clear, having looked at the photos on the website, and they seemed the best colour. They aren't. Due to the adhesive they look rather yellow like they have been left out in the sun or p*ssed on and that really isn't a good look (see photo). The black ones I've seen in their range just seem huge. So back to the question, does anyone have any recommendations? I'd like some snakeskin ones but can't find them in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1755.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Mine is Techspec. Seems good.

IMAG1506.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

I have used TechSpec grips on multiple bikes. The above picture is their Snakeskin, which is very durable and stays looking good. The last 2 times I bought their X-Line grips. They are very grippy and my soft, kind of a fabric or wetsuit feel. The downside is they tend to get pet hair and stuff stuck to it and don’t look as clean. Also the fabric takes a little beating and will need to be replaced faster. Another plus is they are easy to remove and don’t beat up your paint.

center pad is SnakeSkin, sides are X-Line.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. TheNakedTriple

TheNakedTriple Don't follow me, I'm lost too!

Aug 30, 2020
    North Kent.
    I have EaziGrip on my white RS, but mine are not quite as yellow as yours. hmm.

I used to have clear Stomp Grips on my GSXR, and they were much whiter/clearer. So I would recommend them.

5. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    I had clear stomp grip on my Gixer too. Didn't yellow and didn't wear.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheNakedTriple

TheNakedTriple Don't follow me, I'm lost too!

Aug 30, 2020
    North Kent.
    These are my Easigrips, pro version. has smaller dimples but I'm sure the same adhesive. Its very important to really warm them up before installing so maybe that's an issue in your case?

grips.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chocolate Rat

Chocolate Rat Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2020
    Norfolk, UK
    They are definitely clearer than mine and as stated nowhere near as yellow. I did heat mine up but I guess it's just poor luck on my part.

I've gone for the Techspec snakeskins and I'm very impressed. They have a smaller footprint than some so they aren't as in your face as others either. Great grip. Time will tell but thank you to those that replied with recommendations.

• Like Like x 1