T595 Idle Control Valve Tubing And Water In Fuel Due To Drain Blocked

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rossco196x, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Rossco196x

Rossco196x Member

May 12, 2019
    Gosport
    Hi i decided to get the old black T595 flashed up and all it took was some fresh fuel and a clean of the tank as some water had entered due to the tank flap drain being blocked.

Once started the bike ran but had the dreaded high idle so off with the air box and all 3 tubes to the throttle bodies were perished hence where can i get a set at an affordable price. Is it possible to make up your own tubes instead of the pre formed factory fitted tubes

Any tips on unblocking the tank drain tube

2. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
  3. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Senior Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    I used a bicycle inner brake cable to unblock the tank drain (cost a couple of quid from Halfords). Cut the nipple off one end and feed the cable into the top of the drain hole and push and twist it until the blockage clears and the cable pops out at the bottom. The thin cable is flexible enough to easily go round the bends without getting stuck. I dare say you could make up your own vacuum pipes but they might be prone to kinking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    You can use 6mm vacuum quality silicone hose, check it is vacuum quality or the hose can deform. It is available on ebay etc, even in different colours if that's your bag. Done it on my T509 and all good, you don't need the valves that are on the originals.
    If you go down the OE route I would suggest fowlersparts.co.uk as they tend to be cheaper than WOT and quick delivery.
    Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Rossco196x

Rossco196x Member

May 12, 2019
    Gosport
    Thanks for the update, my vacuum quality tube arrived last week and hence i had a mad 5 mins on Saturday and fitted the tubing but omitted the inline NRVs as these won't fit into the 6 mm silicon tube. After that i ran the bike and once warmed through the tick over settled at 1500 ish RPM.

EML light is on showing P1552 and i assume this is to do with the cooling fan that could do with replacement. It was my intention to sell the black t595 and keep my yellow and i did list it for sale so if anyone is after a t595 PM as i now have photos.

• Like Like x 1