T100 Insurance Renewal

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by David Simpson, May 29, 2018.

1. David Simpson

David Simpson Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Boston UK
    I'm having a real problem in renewing my T100 insurance because of these modifications: screen, engine bars, luggage carrier, but most of all because I've fitted Hagon Shocks and lowered it by 20mm, anyone else come across this? One insurer put on an extra £90 because of the shocks!

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad:Tell them nowt :p
    When you tell them about extras on your bike they assume that you’re telling them in case of a claim :confused:
    So to cover their arses they up your premium :mad:

:mad:Tell them NOWT :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I had a luggage rack on mine when I bought it. I've since taken it off - does that mean that my insurance will go down? :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I just insured with Hastings Direct through their website, they didn't ask any questions at all about modifications?

5. David Simpson

David Simpson Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Boston UK
    Update, did a comparison through the MCN site, and found with Triumph insurance, it worked out £100 cheaper, with the modifications, and with the same underwriter that had quoted me the extortionate price! Result!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    The problem may come in the unfortunate event of a claim. If you did not declare any mods and they get trashed in an off then you will probably not get tbeir value included in any settlement offer. If the mods add up to a fair bit then the overall value of the bike goes up and therefore the cost of insuring it - in their eyes.

If the mods are not that expensive or if you don't mind having your titanium one-off special-order exhaust replaced in a rebuild by a standard pipe then don't declare them. If they increase performance in any way then DO declare them, or you may find yourself technically uninsured and the rozzers take a dim view of that.

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    As in higher rated headlamp bulbs as it means you can go faster at night!! Pullease!! Don’t take into account that people might see you better!

8. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    Don't be tempted not to declare mods, most decent insurers only up the premium for performance parts but by not declaring cosmetic mods you can still invalidate your insurance. This was basically how someone who used to work in motor insurance explained it to me-when you take out your insurance the company will generally take everything you tell them at face value and take your money but should you be in an accident they will look for ways to get out of paying and if the assessor spots non standard undeclared stuff they can then say that's not the bike they insured as they insured a standard one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ominus

Ominus New Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Nottingham, United Kingdom
    What is a rip-off is that a lot of them charge you for recording mods of any nature yet you can be stuffed if you don't inform them.
    I get really irked that they charge you for renewal - so inevitably I end up switching insurers each year.