Suggestions for Riding Jacket?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Lordoftheslots, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Lordoftheslots

Lordoftheslots New Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Looking for a new riding jacket, old one is pretty old and torn up but i'm fond of it so i'll keep it around. I do need a new heavy duty one though, any suggestions?

2. Nightshaderider

Nightshaderider New Member

Dec 9, 2012
    A friend of mine helps out here: Hardcore Biker Supplies | Apparel | Jackets

Reliable but the prices i'm not so sure about :p I'll pm you my recommendation so you can get a good price if you're interested. Mail me when you get online.

3. Nightshaderider

Dec 9, 2012
    I bought a heavy duty jacket from this site before : Hardcore Biker Supplies | Apparel | Jackets

I wouldn't recommend going there if you're tight on money but they do give information and they have above average customer service.

4. RiderForLife

RiderForLife New Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Driza Bone is the company I get my stuff from if you wanna check them out. Pretty reliable.

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    I guess it depends how much you want to spend, Rukka can sell you a fantastic waterproof breathable state of the art bit of kit for £1150.00:eek: But I have had most of my kit from J&S Accesories who have stores around the country and will be able to sell you a serviceable jacket from under £100 upwards.
    I personally prefer a lighter weight waterproof over jacket and adjust the base layers depending on the weather as a great jacket in the winter can be a pain in the summer when it's hot but wet.

6. BPunch

BPunch New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Lol if I was riding, I'd have fallen off my bike reading that price XD

7. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
  8. KolTas

KolTas New Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I reccomend you to get good one jacket, and don't think about price, because you will get really dope jacket then, i would reccomend you to buy that colour of jacket same as your bike is.

9. Lordoftheslots

Lordoftheslots New Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Whoa really liking the Gore T-Rex, not so much it's price of £1400. Actually its the same color as my bike and helmet too, throw in a cape and some pointy ears and I could pass of as batman :p
    I think i'll settle my max range at £1000

10. BPunch

BPunch New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Wow £1000 is still a pretty high margin. My max would probably only be £300

11. Nightshaderider

Dec 9, 2012
    Dayum, lol that is one snazzy jacket. And KolTas gives good advice, I have a green bike and I'm wearing a red and black jacket. Christmas colors basically, not exactly hot.

12. AusTiger

AusTiger New Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Dry rider "Nordic" can be used for winter and summer no problem

13. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Do you want leather or textile?
    Hein gericke is top gear.. I've used it for years and the guarantee is very good.
    You get loads of choice and reasonable prices Upto almost Rukka level of dosh....
    I used to spend circa £300 on a gortex with 3 year guarantee. If it leaked or zip broke within that time i got a new for old swap...

14. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    My textile suit is Frank Thomas Raptor - had problems with the trousers leaking 18 months in and they changed them no quibble. In good weather I usually ride with Draggin jeans and leather jacket - Furygan kevlar when it's cooler and Richa summer leather for when it's a bit warmer. I think you need to be completely comfortable with what you wear when you're riding because if you're not, the discomfort is just another distraction that you can do without.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    I use a frank Thomas textile jacket. A good price, waterproof and has a removable liner. Never had any problems with it. I use that along with some leather pants that I have had for years..old, soft, comfy, like an old pair of slippers :biggrin:

16. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Personally i would go for a neutral colour jacket like black, dark grey or silver. If you buy a red jacket for example to match your red bike then next year you trade in the red bike for a yellow one you are gonna look a bugger! :wink:

Plus buying new kit every time you change bikes can get expensive! :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Personally I would not buy a Triumph Branded jacket or anything branded with a bike manufactures name on, had a great fitting Arai helmet that had Ducati all over it, felt a bit of a prat when I sold the Ducati and bought the Triumph

• Like Like x 3
  18. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    I find that triumph gloves and boots are the best fit for me, although I do have short chubby legs and hands to match :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    I just bought a Sidi, Symbol. It has a warm lining and is very good qually. It was last years model should have been about 350 quid, but I got it for 200. That was only 1700 kroner, a real good deal for me.
    Then the wife bought me a Triumph Cobra jacket. Before I had the Triumph. So you understand I was forced to buy the speedy :biggrin: It was the last in the shop, should have been 3850 kroner, but I got it for 1000, another good deal..
    The Sidi is very warm, very suple. I would definatly say its worth a look. Just check the sizes, they are a little bit small.
    The Cobra is good but not nearly so warm. It has som kind of fabric down the arms. The wind blows through.. The leather is pretty solid, so its not like a summer jacket, but not warm enough for march, in denmark. Its got a speed hump thing, dont really know what that is for. To be honest I feel a bit silly with the jacket on. Does anybody know what that hump does???
    Ofcourse neither jacket fits my old leather jeans :rolleyes: so know I need some new:biggrin:

20. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Fuck all below about 180!
    Hope this helps. cool wink.gif

cool wink.gif

• Like Like x 2