Street Twin Service

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by James597, Jan 25, 2020.

1. James597

James597 New Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Greece
    Hi all,
    I have a question about my Street Twin service. I bought my lovely bike, 2019 Street Twin, in September last year and duly went for my first service at 800kms (yup I work in kms cos I live in Athens). Yesterday while out, the service icon popped up. I have done +/- 5200kms. The service manual says that service number 2 should be at 10k OR 1 year, whichever comes first. So my question is this: because my bike is a 2019 bike does the service history count from Jan 2019, so regardless of the kms I do, every Jan will I have to go for a service?
    Thanks in advance,

2. James597

James597 New Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Greece
    Ok, I went to the service and asked why I was there as the service manual says that it is every 10.000kms or every year. The technician told me that it was because the oil heats up and cools down and the bike wants to make my riding experience better! Now I like a shaggy-dog story as much as anyone so can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience as this?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. ian650

ian650 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Telford
    I took my (November 2018 registered but not picked up till February2019) Street Twin last week for 2nd service. I was sent a text telling me that my bike was due for a service virtually 12 months after I picked it up. I reluctantly took it for its service (even though I have only covered less than 4000 miles) purely so there is no quibbles over any possible warranty claims. I was relieved of £162 for the privilege. I have an upgraded front disc/brembo upgrade fitted by the dealership which could upset Triumph but the dealer have supported me so far. I felt it only right to have this service but not after the warranty period. However I wasn't impressed with all the needless checks made to justify the price paid. Hope this makes sense
    Ian

• Like Like x 2