Street Twin Exhaust System

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Street Twin Mart, Jun 22, 2024.

1. Street Twin Mart

Street Twin Mart New Member

Jun 22, 2024
    Surrey
    Hi All
    I have a 2020 Street Twin and need a complete exhaust system, will a 2018 system fit as I have seen one for sale or are they different, haven’t had much help from Triumph dealers.
    Many Thanks.

2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  3. Boothman

Boothman Noble Member

Jul 26, 2023
    Wigan
    Hi and welcome to the forum :cool:. Try looking on Fowlers or such and do a part number comparison to see if anything is common

4. Cycleman

Cycleman New Member

May 17, 2024
    Alberta, Canada
    If you go to a site that has Triumph parts fiche for the years you are interested, you should be able to figure out if they are interchangeable.

5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome…

6. Tony Rossi

Tony Rossi Member

Jun 3, 2024
    Glasgow
    Hi,
    Welcome to the Forum.
    I'd agree with the guys above, if part numbers are the same you can't go wrong

7. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    As has been said, best to check part numbers. I'm not surprised you didn't get much help from Triumph dealers, they're very reluctant to commit themselves when it comes to interchanging parts between bikes, as I've discovered on several occasions. However if you go to your local dealer and chat to the technicians, instead of the people behind the desk, I've often found them to be much more helpful.
    Regarding the exhaust, I would think the 2018 system will actually fit but there may be a difference with the catalytic converter. If that turns out to the only difference then you could bin the cat and fit an X-pipe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Greetings from Lincolnshire.