Street Triple Tyre Pressures

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Alex Flay, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Alex Flay

Alex Flay New Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Cape Town
    Hi Everyone, I have recently just got a 2014 street triple r. I have new Pirelli Diablo Rossi Corsa tyres and was wandering what the best pressures are to run at. Front and rear? I’m riding in quite hot and dry weather.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Tyre pressures seem to be quite standard these days, 36psi front, 42psi rear no matter what make of tyre. I personally find that a fraction high and have run mine on slightly lower pressures with no issues on either handling or tyre wear/longevity. I tend to set at 34 front 42 rear. Bear in mind tyre pressures increase slightly as the tyre warms up so what started at 36 cold could end up being 38 or so when fully up to temperature.
    What do the tyre dealers/fitters advise? They will have more idea in regard to the area you live and ride.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alex Flay

Alex Flay New Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Cape Town
    Thank you for the great advice. I’ll ask the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Alex Flay
    Welcome to the family. Do hit the upload a file button bottom right corner and let the inmates see the steed. Like Yorkshire man said that seems to be the norm. If you are a fast rider drop a couple of pounds in each tyre. Gives better grip and as the tyre heats up it comes back to normal.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Alex Flay

Alex Flay New Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Cape Town
    653CC9AE-698A-46B5-883F-617B8D6A81B0.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  6. Alex Flay

Alex Flay New Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Cape Town
    Thanks for the advice Joe. Have a great day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I've always run any performance bike on 32 front 36 rear ;);)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Alex and Welcome to the Forum :cool: In warm climates you can, as suggested already drop your tyres pressures slightly, how much really depends on the type of riding you are doing & whether you carry a passenger, trial an error with only small changes each time are the order of the day. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Alex Flay.
    Real cool machine. thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Samsdad

Samsdad Member

Mar 17, 2019
    norfolk
    Hello Alex. I have had two Streets (superb bikes) & the recommended pressures are: 34 psi front, 42 psi rear. I used these pressures on both my bikes with no problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alex Flay

Alex Flay New Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Cape Town
    Hi everyone, thank you for all your great advice. I have bought a digital pressure gauge so I’ll make some small adjustments as per the recommendations above. Thanks for the warm welcome. Enjoy the weekend and ride safe.

12. Alex Flay

Alex Flay New Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Cape Town
    Hi everyone, thank you for all your great advice. I have bought a digital pressure gauge so I’ll make some small adjustments as per the recommendations above. Thanks for the warm welcome. Enjoy the weekend and ride safe.

13. tim8061

tim8061 Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Gloucester
    36Fr/42Rr is to cater for carrying a pillion, so the consensus is to drop the rear for optimium grip if youre riding solo. Back in the day the manuals specified different pressure for solo and pillion riding, bit presumably to avoid muppetry/confusion/liability they seem to spec just one rear pressure and clearly what is good for 24+ stone is unlikely to be optimum for half that IMHO. Personally I use 34Fr/36Rr which again seems to be a good mean of what others say; some go higher and some go lower.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Alex Flay

Alex Flay New Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Cape Town
    Thank you. Much appreciated, Alex