Stevebee56 Hi !

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by stevebee56, Apr 20, 2014.

1. stevebee56

stevebee56 New Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Hi,

I am a complete novice at using forums etc so bear with me !

I became the proud owner of my explorer 1st March. Purchased from Pidcocks. I had a tiger 1050 for over 6 years and really liked it. However I really love the explorer and I'm glad I made the change.

Already nearly 2000 miles and not been out on it that many times. That said when I do it's a full day for weekend because I can't ride it enough !

Any advice about how long / mileage I will get out of the Metzler Torrance tyres would be helpful so I can plan as I am going down to Spain in June .

Cheers Stevebee

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi Stevebee, and welcome to the forum. Must have just missed you at Pidcocks 1st March as I was picking my Tiger 800XC same day(7.30am) 2000 miles is quite impressive in 6 weeks, I did test ride the Explorer its a great bike but in the end went with it's little brother.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Welcome to the forum Stevebee

The Tourance's should be good for around 6000 - 80000 miles or even a bit more depending on your riding style so you should be fine for Spain.

Cheers

Steve

4. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome to the forum ;)

5. stevebee56

stevebee56 New Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Richard, nice bike. I remember you with some mates collecting the bike. I had the explorer in blue and my mate Walter a 800 in black. Catch you later.....suns up and explorer getting impatient now ! Cheers Steve

• Like Like x 1
  6. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Welcome to the forum :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. stevebee56

stevebee56 New Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Cheers Stevej. Been out again today but a little busy on the roads....still enjoyed it though. That's what I like about the explorer....you cam make ground ! Or just go nice and steady . Great bike and I've gad a few !

8. stevebee56

stevebee56 New Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Cheers Chrispy, thanks.

9. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yo, welcome don't worry about forum you will quickly get to use it, be nice to see pic when yer eventually get off bike! :upyeah:

10. stevebee56

stevebee56 New Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Hiya......when I figure out to get my photos on , ill post a few ! Cheers

11. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Click reply to thread button, hover mouse over insert image button on toolbar just above (3rd button from right), click and follow destructions to upload from your computer, good luck.