Sprint Rs Fuel Sender Wiring Broken

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JohnRS, Jun 1, 2023.

1. JohnRS

JohnRS New Member

Jun 1, 2023
    Fleet, Hampshire
    Hi all (first time poster here)!

I am currently in the process of repairing my fuel sender after the wires snapped. I read a tip on another site about repairing it with JB Weld, I don't have that but I have some two part epoxy equivalent from a different company.
    I have got as far as repairing the wires with heat shrink wrap and liquid tape and re-soldered them to the board. The ohm meter is reading between 14 and 93 depending on where the float is in the tube, so it seems to be working.
    My question is, is JB Weld / chemical metal the best way to repair the plug, or is there a better substance, and how much JB Weld / other material is needed in the recess, i.e. how deep should it be filled before attaching the square metal base plate, and what is used to reattach the plastic tube to the metal base plate - is it best to use silicone or will JB Weld attach it? Also, is it best to partially fill the hole and attach the baseplate and then continue putting filler through the hole in the baseplate, or should I just overfill it and squash the baseplate down so filler comes out through the hole?

I hope this makes sense.

Photo's of progress so far, attached.

Thanks in advance,
    John

IMG_20230601_011416.jpg

IMG_20230601_011342.jpg

IMG_20230601_011403.jpg

2. JohnRS

JohnRS New Member

Jun 1, 2023
    Fleet, Hampshire
    I decided to go with Granville Petro Patch Putty to plug the hole, and some Tigerseal to attach the square plate to the bottom of the tube.