Speed Twin Exhaust

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TonyG, Jul 5, 2024.

1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Hi,

My 4 month old Speed Twin end caps are losing their paint already, from nothing more than wiping with a cloth. I could try and make a warranty claim but I'm tempted to just fix it myself. I was going to take them off, mask up the brushed steel body and spray them again with Simoniz tough satin black. However, I think they would be much better if they had the same brushed finish as the rest of the exhaust. Would it be difficult to find someone to drill out the rivets, remove the paint and rivet them back on?

Cheers

IMG_20240703_162127952.jpg

2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    If the paint is already falling off wouldn't it be fairly easy to remove the rest with paint stripper?? That would save dismantling the silencers. If that doesn't work it's back to plan A

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    The paint does seem to be pretty useless but much worse on one end cap than the other, and I bet there would be pockets where it would be really stubborn, around the rivet heads etc.. I masked them up at the weekend and sprayed them satin black. It seemed to work well and is a much better colour than the original more matte type finish. Hopefully, my efforts will be a bit more resilient. If not, I'll get them taken off and the paint fully removed, or maybe just get some nicer silencers!

IMG_20240708_100418274.jpg

• Like Like x 1