Speed Triple Exhaust Q (lets Beat That Horse !)

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Utah burnout, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Utah burnout

Utah burnout New Member

Jun 14, 2020
    UTAH
    Hello all,

I'm new to the forum having just got my hands on a slightly used 2018 Speed triple RS with only 4k on it and fairly clean re: mods.

I've had a chance to read through all the great posts re: exhaust options out there and I have a few questions for those who have made the plunge and that's why the new thread

My goal is lower center of gravity, lower weight, a little more bass / rumble without being obnoxious.

Looking hard at the SC project S-1, though sometimes wonder if they look too diminutive.

Did you lose low - mid range torque enough to notice?

If you did, did a power commander or re-tune correct it ? (I don't have a "hilltop" here unfortunately, though I wish I did)

Did it improve turn in or handling at all? Did you even notice a lower COG?

Did it add heat to the right leg?

was it too frickin loud on multi-hour rides?

Did you eventually swap back.?

Anyone consider SC double ovals just for the sound?

Lastly, for those who kept the double cans, has anyone found titanium headers for this bike ?????

Thank you much

Looking forward to making this my own.

2. James01

James01 Member

Welcome to the forum. Got this on mine. It's the GP Muffler. Ear splittingly loud but SC Project make an additional dB killer for it which I was forced to buy because I couldn't stand the volume after about an hour. It made a world of difference and now sounds great. Low, throaty and some lovely pops and burbles on deceleration. My riding buddies appreciate it too.

The power feels awesome. No lag or flatspots at any point in the rev range and my ECU is on the stock map. I'd recommend it...with a baffle. SC Project GP Muffler.jpg

• Like Like x 1