Snatching Bonneville Throttle.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bean, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Bean

Bean New Member

Jul 5, 2023
    Leicester
    Hello, I have a 2015 865 efi that has only done less than 1000 miles. The problem is a very snatchy throttle particularly on deaccelerating. the bike really engine brakes to fast and takes the pleasure somewhat out of riding an otherwise fantastic bike. I have fitted a boost plug and this has helped some on acceleration (but not completely). I have heard of other riders with this problem and was wondering if there is a proven or tested fix?. I will try anything that will help because If this was cured it would be a superb bike and I might even get a good nights sleep. any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

2. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    You could try tweaking the position of the TPS a bit. Worked on my GSXR.

3. Bean

Bean New Member

Jul 5, 2023
    Leicester
    Thanks Linx, I will look into it.
    p.s This is my first post and I am not sure if everybody can see it. I dont know if I have done it correct!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Melbs Girl

Melbs Girl New Member

Jan 17, 2023
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Linx, I've got the same problem on my 2017 Triumph America. What's the TPS? Perhaps this can help me as well. Thanks in advance.

5. Melbs Girl

Melbs Girl New Member

Jan 17, 2023
    Melbourne, Australia
    Woops, I just worked it out, I think you mean the throttle position sensor. Is that right?

6. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    That's it!. I'm pretty sure on the gsxr the sensor needed pushing up a bit. Try that first and if it's worse, push it down. It was a few years ago :joy:

• Like Like x 1