Side Case Repair Or Replace

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rob the Scott, Oct 23, 2024 at 10:32 PM.

1. Rob the Scott

Rob the Scott Active Member

Dec 14, 2022
    New Jersey
    Side Case Repair or Replace for Sprint GT or Trophy SE.

I have a 2013 Trophy SE and 2011 Sprint GT that have the hard side cases. These cases are interchangeable, except for the lock/key. The interior case on the Trophy has a huge crack (6'" long) at the hinge, and threatens to break off. I have tried Plast-Aid to repair it, but there is enough stress at the hinge that it has re-broken. I need to replace JUST the internal case on the exterior side (away from the bike) excluding the colored case shell (which is removable). The locking mechanism on the external side is also removable.
    Unfortunately, that exterior internal shell (part 2356015 RH) is not sold separately. Only the entire case is sold (for a king's ransom).
    I have considered a dubious method of bracing the crack inside and out and bolting through, but I'm not confident that it will work. Does anyone have any suggestion on used replacement parts? I have been haunting eBay and FB Marketplace, but no luck yet. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!