Shorter Headlight Bracket?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Brooksy, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Brooksy

Brooksy New Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Matlock
    Hi ,
    Just wondered if anyone has fitted a shorter h/light clock mount bracket? Had my 2011 speed trip a few weeks now and absolutely love it but how far the headlights stick out really ruins the looks for me, I've seen pictures of different conversions eg single round twin round fork mounted brackets etc but would prefer to keep the standard lights as I like the look of them, there is a company in America doing a shortened bracket but it's $300 plus shipping !! So just wondering if anyone on here has done there own mod or used a uk company to make one?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is the USA one ....
    Cheers , Jamie.

2. JayJay

JayJay Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Essex
    Hi Jamie,

There is a fairly recent post on here from a chap in the uk who has carried out this mod, you can buy the part from Triumph.
    I think it cost him around £50 the part no.is in the post also, if I remember it's just a street triple bracket.

Jay

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brooksy

Brooksy New Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Matlock

Thanks for the reply JayJay, did have a quick look but couldn't see anything will have a proper look and find the post

4. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    • Like Like x 3
  5. JayJay

JayJay Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Essex
    Ahh beat me to it! :cool:

6. Brooksy

Brooksy New Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Matlock
    Thanks for that , that's just what I'm after Going to order one tomorrow. Hard to tell looking at the pics but does it move the whole lot a bit closer to the forks as well ? Cheers.

7. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    Before:
    $_57.jpg

After:
    CAM00550.jpg

I'd say not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    Just a thought - if the lights are closer, this could effect steering lock.

9. Brooksy

Brooksy New Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Matlock
    Yeah did think that too, but looking at your before and after pics it does look a lot better imo it's subtly different but doesn't look as plonked on as the original , just ordered the new bracket so will see for myself this weekend . Cheers for your help

10. ArjanB

ArjanB New Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Netherlands
    Keep us posted on your experience please.
    And could you be so kind to post before/after pics from exact same angle and position?
    Considering this mod as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. muzhik

muzhik Member

May 9, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    I've just ordered the bracket as well. I'm always horrible at remembering to take before pics, but I'll try to set a camera on a tripod in my garage and snap exact-angle before/after shots. I probably won't have the bracket in-hand until at least mid-week, though.

• Like Like x 3
  12. muzhik

muzhik Member

May 9, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Here you go!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. Pabs

Pabs Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Plymouth
    Mostly impressed with the garage!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    I hear that pabs.

First I wanted a garage. Eventually bought a house with a garage.....now I want a house with a double garage!!!

Lovely bike, great mod. Might look into that me self!!!

Atb

Bob

15. ArjanB

ArjanB New Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the pics, appreciated!
    Effect is visible... but only in direct comparison? Seems less of an impact as I thought, or can you see it better in real life?
    Any effect on riding and wind?

Other question: pics seem to indicate that the fly screen is tighter to the headlights - is that so? Did you mod the bracket of the fly screen or is it just the picture?

(next to the garage: nice color of the S3!)

16. Brooksy

Brooksy New Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Matlock
    Not got round to fitting mine yet , got the part but not the time lol. Will be fitting as soon as I get chance as it looks a lot better imo . Love the colour of your bike muzhik looks great .

17. muzhik

muzhik Member

May 9, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Thanks for the compliments on the garage and bike color. The garage doubles as my wood shop, and the color is honestly what sold me on the bike when I saw it.

Answers to questions:

- The effect isn't dramatic.
    - If anything, the difference in wind blocking is that it now blasts me mid-chest as opposed to directly in my face. I think I prefer it. An added benefit!
    - The flyscreen IS tighter to the headlights. It may be that I have the lights aimed a touch higher now. I'll have to give it a ride after dark to see. I did not modify the bracket to achieve this gap decrease, but to my eye it's yet another added benefit. Hopefully I don't have to adjust the headlight aim down and effectively open that gap again.

One other before/after perspective I forgot to post is the view from the seat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Incidentally, the brake line does foul the gauge binnacle ever so slightly now. I doubt it'll ever be enough of a problem to even cause cosmetic wear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've already had one friend tell me he liked it better before. To each their own. When I look at it, this is all I see:

[​IMG]

I prefer the Gremlin, thank you very much!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Bradley Millard

Bradley Millard New Member

Mar 23, 2024
    Bournemouth
    Guys, have any of you got the link to this product still, other thread doesn’t seem to work?