Scrambler Scrambler Front Brake Fluid Reservoir

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by David, Feb 16, 2018.

1. David

David New Member

May 26, 2014
    It bugs me that the brake fluid reservoir seems to just float 2 inches above my handlebars and what makes it worse is that it is ugly plastic crap! Just my opinion...
    So I have been looking at alternatives, British customs do a nice low profile one but the way it connects looks a bit fragile to me, maybe sombody here has experience?
    https://www.motosport.com/british-customs-direct-mount-brake-reservoir-kit

There are 2 from triumph, why these aren’t on the bike from new is a mystery, this one which I am interested in although it will still be floating like the original plastic one but it will look better, although as far as I have seen from internet images when it is fitted to bike the view glass is facing the front of the bike! £72
    http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk...3/cnc-machined-front-brake-reservoir-t2025066
    And this one which I can’t find any info on
    http://www.worldoftriumph.com/trium...ambler-efi/triumph-front-brake-reservoir.html

Anybody here tried something other than the stock plastic brake reservoir?

Thanks
    D

2. Pablo

Pablo New Member

May 9, 2015
    Derbyshire
    I know what you mean but I don't mind the reservoir with it being smoked. The floating out front is even worse when if you fit bar end mirrors like I have. It bugged me that much I shortened the arm so its almost above the mounting point and shortened the pipe to suit, looks a lot neater. Cost £0.

3. David

David New Member

May 26, 2014
    I intend to fit bar end mirrors as well and I know the reservoir will look even worse when the mickey mouse mirrors come off. I will look into shortening the bar mount though.
    Thanks Pablo.

4. Pablo

Pablo New Member

May 9, 2015
    Derbyshire
    I will stick you some pics up in a mo, might help.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pablo

Pablo New Member

May 9, 2015
    Derbyshire
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You could get it right above but I used the original bracket and wanted to retain the res mounting nut.

6. David

David New Member

May 26, 2014
    Thanks for the pics, nice job definitely looks better.
    Will look into it. Is the smokey glass on reservoir standard on your bike or did you buy it?

7. Pablo

Pablo New Member

May 9, 2015
    Derbyshire
    Standard, 2017 model.

8. Jerry Winder

Jerry Winder Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Brecon Beacons
    I've got the Triumph CNC machined master cylinder on mine. I'm not bothered by the view glass being on the front of the bike. It looks far better than the stock item and is very nicely finished.

9. David

David New Member

May 26, 2014
    Thanks, would be interested to know about the British Customs reservoir. Has anybody here fitted one?

10. CLARKY

CLARKY New Member

Sep 27, 2019
    FOLKESTONE
    I have just changed mine to the triumph black anodised version,but is there an alternative to to the ugly connecting pipe?