replacement bonnie mirrors

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by tumpbro, Sep 21, 2016.

1. tumpbro

tumpbro Member

Sep 13, 2014
    pontypridd
    Broke a mirror on my T100, triumph sell them up to £95 each. I
    took the opportunity to change both to Ryde oval mirrors for better vision. Perfect, £6.99 a pair on ebay. Another case of a triumph piss-take. Also found they secure mirror stems differently, so just changed lenses. Ryde are 10mm same as triumph.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Quality items cost money. But 95£ for a single bike mirror is indeed piss-taking.

3. tumpbro

tumpbro Member

Sep 13, 2014
    pontypridd
    Triumph mirrors are plastic and made in china, same as ebay ones. Road tested mine today, the difference is amazing! A clear rear view past my elbows at last. Highly recommend!

4. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Any chance you can post a photo of the bike with them on? I've been wanting to upgrade mirrors as well, but can't seem to make up my mind regarding looks, better vision, traffic clearance, etc.

5. tumpbro

tumpbro Member

Sep 13, 2014
    pontypridd
    I'll try and take some over weekend!

6. om15

om15 Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    dorset
    I fitted Halcyon bar ends to my Adventurer, looked a bit strange but gave a good all round view and I got used to it, they are about £45 ish each, very good quality, the method of fitting is to drill and tap a 6mm thread into the block in side the handlebar tube.
    When I sold the bike I restored to original and still have the mirrors in the shed, I was going to fit to my T100 but the standard ones did the job so I didn't bother
    IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0007.JPG