Question: America Analogue Clock Kit Help

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by james.e.avery, Jun 6, 2016.

1. james.e.avery

james.e.avery New Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Cambridge
    Hey guys, I have an 07 Triumph Bonneville America. I love my Bonnie, but recently one of my accessories has started to play up... I have one of the analogue clocks (which are apparently no longer available) inset into the chrome tank warning light panel, in place of the triumph logo infill. But recently the clock has started losing time and even running backwards!! Can anyone shed some light on why it might be doing this and whether it might be fixable?

I believe this is the clock which is inset in to the tank panel.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/321613442285?_mwBanner=1

Thanks in advance! :)

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I guess you looked here, cant think why it would run backwards unless a wire is shorting somewhere

3. james.e.avery

james.e.avery New Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Cambridge
    Thanks for that Crispey! I have seen that before yeah - but it works out at quite a lot of money to get one of those shipped from the US.

I just removed the chrome warning light dash panel from the tank and found a connector block disconnected..... but connecting them doesn't seem to have done anything. Hmm very odd....

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    check contacts on the connector aren't corroded? oops just realised it didn't do anything anyway

5. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

I have an 07 Speedmaster Carbs model with a tacho fitted in this position so it's possible that the connector block could be for an 'optional' tacho instead of the clock. Your problem sounds a bit odd, loosing time is one thing but running backwards!!!. Maybe its time for the wiring diagram and multi-meter and start to scratching your head over all the multi-coloured electric string.