Possible Solution To The Problem With The Quickshifter.

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Sergey, Oct 21, 2024 at 6:48 PM.

1. Sergey

Sergey New Member

Dec 8, 2023
    Belarus
    #1 Sergey, Oct 21, 2024 at 6:48 PM
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2024 at 6:54 PM
    Hi guys.
    I think I found a solution to the problem with the quickshifter.
    You will need 2 Allen keys, black tape, alcohol, a toothpick and 30 minutes of patience!
    It is no secret that the burning error "transmission errors" and "engine check", as well as the failure to shift gears, make riding terrible.
    I noticed from my motorcycle and from other reviews that such a problem occurs unpredictably and in most cases is associated with engine temperature and temperature in general. For me it could appear several times a day and "reset to factory settings" did not help for long.
    I found this strange, because the quickshifter is outside the motorcycle and there are no temperature sensors. I realized that the problem was nearby .... but where?
    I decided to check the connector and the wire in general, because there was a suspicion of loss of contact associated with temperature ....
    BINGO! I removed the expansion tank cap, unscrewed 2 expansion tank bolts and saw the problem. The quickshifter wire and quickshifter connector were lying behind the wires and were pressed against the engine. The connector itself was without external insulation, the wires were partially without black electrical tape.
    I disconnected the connector and re-routed the wire to the outside of the engine. I treated the connector with alcohol and pressed the contacts with a toothpick. After that, I wrapped the wires and connector with black electrical tape. The old electrical tape was hard and had traces of overheating. Reassembly in reverse order. I suspect that high temperature, kinking of the wire, overheating of the connector itself and vibration could have led to loss of contact. The three contacts themselves are very thin and there is room for deformation inside the connector contact itself.
    I am writing all this because for the second day now I have had no errors and the quickshifter works without failures.
    I disconnected the connector and re-routed the wire to the outside of the engine. I treated the connector with alcohol and pressed the contacts with a toothpick. After that, I wrapped the wires and connector with black electrical tape. The old electrical tape was hard and had traces of overheating. Reassembly in reverse order. I suspect that high temperature, kinking of the wire, overheating of the connector itself and vibration could have led to loss of contact. The three contacts themselves are very thin and there is room for deformation inside the connector contact itself.
    I am writing all this because for the second day now I have had no errors and the quickshifter works without failures.

20241021_142459.jpg

20241021_142501.jpg

20241021_172208.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1