Sprint panniers insurance cost

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by sm75k, May 18, 2016.

1. sm75k

sm75k New Member

Sep 29, 2015
    plymouth
    Guys,

my bike came with the triumph standard panniers for my 1050 sprint st, i have never used them, just done some touring with soft luggage but now considering using the panniers for a longer trip to europe but the last time i added them on my insurance quote it went up £400!!! so i didn't bother, does anybody else have this problem (insurance was with carol nash)

cheers guys

stu

2. sm75k

sm75k New Member

Sep 29, 2015
    plymouth
    Littleade, they are extras, therefore you are supposed to declare them on the insurance, i'm going to phone them tomorrow to see how much it is to tweak my insurance or see if they can do it for a month only? I'll post on here with how i get on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Jeez I told my lot about the triumph luggage and it didn't make any difference!?!

• Like Like x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Didn't realise that you had to "declare" luggage - hardly performance enhancing is it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Since hard panniers stop your bike from being damaged perhaps we should get a reduction for having them fitted?

:rolleyes: (Yeah right!)

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk

• Like Like x 1
  7. sm75k

sm75k New Member

Sep 29, 2015
    plymouth
    Thanks for all the comments guys, i phoned them today and completely different reply compared to before i had the insurance in place, they just said no issues, no extra cost and they would just log it on the system that i have panniers??????:confused: Great result!!!:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1