Tiger Sport Pannier/side Racks For 850/900?

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by DJ_DC, May 25, 2024.

1. DJ_DC

DJ_DC New Member

May 23, 2024
    VA, USA
    Hey all,

Any suggestions for affordable but sturdy aftermarket pannier / side case racks / brackets for Tiger 850 / 900? I’m looking to add some soft side cases to my 850 but hate shelling out $350 US just tor the brackets. Seems surprisingly hard to find.

2. DJ_DC

DJ_DC New Member

May 23, 2024
    VA, USA
    ...Anyone?

3. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    I have the racks from Triumph, after a couple of mishaps the racks protected the rear of the bike

And a a set of kriega soft panniers

Traveled to Baja on March this year, nearly 6000kms round trip, zero problems with the panniers/racks

These items were not cheap

upload_2024-5-31_15-57-0.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. DJ_DC

DJ_DC New Member

May 23, 2024
    VA, USA
    The soft panniers are pretty sharp looking- I’ll have to look them up. I have a small Kriega tail bag and I’ve been quite happy with it. Thanks!

5. Ian Champ

Ian Champ Member

Sep 28, 2023
    Hadleigh, Suffolk
    I bought used Givi side pannier racks form a Burgman owner, and modified them quite easily. 4 x 25mm steel bracket (2 to be welded onto the pannier rack) and just cut down the rear cross bracket (behind number plate).
    Cost £70 for the pannier racks, £5 for the steel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ian Champ

Ian Champ Member

Sep 28, 2023
    Hadleigh, Suffolk
    Probably won’t help, but I bought a pair of second hand Givi side pannier racks for a Suzuki Burgmann (!). Cut it down and welded some flat bar brackets to fit the existing grab rail bolt positions.Worked well on my recent jaunt to Germany...