Paddock stand bobbins

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bindie, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Bindie

Bindie New Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Fife
    As you know i have recently purchased a 1994 Trident, i am wanting to fit bobbins so i can use an existing rear paddock stand, what size are required for the bike and looking at the rear end is it actually possible to fit them or should i get the cups that sit under the swinging arm
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Hi Dave! Had my Trident for 20 years (from new) and never felt the need to use a rear paddock stand on it. Consequently I can't be of much use with your problem! Just wondering why though? No criticism intended, just curious! :)

3. Bindie

Bindie New Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Fife
    as i just got the bike i was going to use it for additional piece of mind when giving it a good clean and service,

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Ah! :)

Only things I've used with the centre stand are a front paddock stand or a small hydraulic or scissor jack (with a suitable piece of wood to spread the load on the sump) to lift the front wheel for cleaning/sevicing. :cool:

Main stand is pretty stable - or should be! :oops:

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Oh yes you can !! You might need to grind the inside lip of the cup on the LHS of the stand but you can use it on a Bonny. I use mine regularly - just takes a bit of jiggling.

• Like Like x 1