Opinions please, is this too much?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sprinter, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    [​IMG] bike bike.jpeg

This is what Ive done so far, or most of it,to be honest,although I am chuffed I was able ,and am pleased with the result. I suppose I want to know is this normal?

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I'm not quite sure what your question actually means?

All I see is a motorbike where the owner has applied the principle of pro-active maintenance - very well done !

3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Not sure myself, you see adverts where they say "new tyres and pads plus full service history" or similar and its easy to think that it needs nothing or very little more ... the scale of what I needed to do just to get what needed doing, done ,has really surprised me and I dont think I will ever look at a used car/bike in the same way again.
    This is not my first bike, the others were run on a much tighter budget, but, it will be my last, ( I may buy another project but this is my ride unless some thing unexpected happens ) so with that in mind I set out to make it straight and keep it straight. I feared I lost sight of the real goals- appreciate your well aimed support Biglad-:bearing in mind to get to this I can no longer recoup anything like cost back
    and so . Is this to much ? does the amount spent ever become to much
    o + new ignition/tank/seat lock set
    Great fun every minute

4. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Look, it's this simple to me,you are a biker therefore you need a bike.If you're going to have any mechanical tool it must work right.

The question about whether you'll get your money back is equally simple - you won't ! But what you do have is an excellent machine that will last you and give you great pleasure for many years to come - you just need to put a £ value on that reassurance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Biggy is right! You have a bike, you enjoy that bike, you do what you want, need, to that bike!in my opinion It's not what you get for it in the end it's what you get from the bike while you have it, that's what will make it priceless!

• Like Like x 2
  6. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Couldn't agree more Crispey, very well said. You do have your moments don't you ?

;);):p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Senior? Desperate? Or romantic?

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    You inspired me with your logic Mr Spock. I went for a ride.

9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    You know it makes sense rodders

10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Mange tout! mange tout!

• Like Like x 1