now sold thanks

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by laurie hughes, Mar 10, 2015.

1. laurie hughes

laurie hughes New Member

Mar 10, 2015
    south wales
    Hi guys
    I know its my first post so please don't be nasty :p

ive got a triumph T100 55 reg almost a 06 reg in 24/11/05 its green and has got a comfort seat and backrest and pannier bars, now the prevous owner passed away and it spent a few months out in the elements, so a few engine bolts have surface rust and the wheels and a few other bits, nothing a good days cleaning wouldn't sort, im going to sell it, its got 22k and was serviced may last year with a new battery fitted and its done 2k since mot is up in may and would be happy enough to put a new mot, its runs perfect stops and goes how it should, ive looked online and prices vary, anybody point me in the right direction price wise?

I was going to keep it and sell my super tenere (1991) but I think im going to keep the tenere

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Laurie, putting a value on bikes is difficult enough when you're stood in front of it never mind doing it blind.

Bottom line is that for a private seller the value of your bike is what someone else is willing to pay. Therefore in your shoes I would approach the selling of this machine with an active marketing strategy. Evaluating every day what sort of response you are getting, then adjust price and advert style according.

I have a mate who is an absolute master at this sort of thing, so have a look at his last advert and see what you can learn from that.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171678408225?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Re the price : Assuming the bike is in good condition generally, has nearly new tyres and chain/sprockets and has good service history - all these are positive points. The mileage at 22,000 is a downer as far as value and desirability are concerned. Also bear in mind that you will be a private seller not a bike garage, so has an effect on the perceived value of the bike. Without seeing it I would say your asking price should be somewhere in the region of £3200 if all is good. Then you can drop the price to £3000 if necessary. Remember that if you set your selling price too high, people won't come to look, so there's no possibility of selling it.

Just as an example, four years ago, I bought my 2010 T100 (with extras) 2,000mls on the clock, for £4,400.

Good luck

Dave

3. laurie hughes

laurie hughes New Member

Mar 10, 2015
    south wales
    Hi
    yes its in good condition I would take 3k for it or close to that..

4. glassbacken

glassbacken Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2014
  5. laurie hughes

laurie hughes New Member

Mar 10, 2015
    south wales
    I agree, will be doing better pictures