Norman Hyde Uk Buyer Beware!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Robert Mayrand, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Robert Mayrand

Robert Mayrand New Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Montreal, quebec, canada
    I bought a pair of Bonneville togas on Norman Hyde uk website about a month ago. After a few weeks without any news, i tried contacting them numerous time to get an estimate as when I could expect delivery. I tried all their emails to reach them without any success. After a few weeks, i finally got an answer that they had a problem with the chrome plating, that I should have been informed, but the guy responsible was on vacation.......and so on. Anyway they offer me a few option and some discount, and told me that they should receive some new one in two weeks time. I tried to keep contact to estimate the different option but again my interlocutor disappeared into thin air and is not answering email anymore and now, of course, the two weeks coming to an end and, again, no one in the company seem to be answering any emails: sales, support, hinckley......this is simply the worst customer service i’ve seen in a long time!!!! Anybody got similar experience with them?

• Like Like x 1
  2. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    The op is in Canada, so Trading standards/small claims court probably not applicable????
    Just hope he paid by PayPal :p
    "Spanked" comes to mind:confused:

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Robert Mayrand

Aug 16, 2018
    Montreal, quebec, canada
    Yes i paid by paypal, so no worries if anything goes wrong. What is strange is that Norman Hyde products are quite well known this side of the pond and they are sought after. I tought i would be better to do business directly with them instead if the american resellers.....lesson learn!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Any update?

5. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Sounds like it's time to bend over, spread 'em and say ahh! Hate to hear it bro!

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  7. Robert Mayrand

Aug 16, 2018
    Montreal, quebec, canada
    I received another email, saying that it was the turn to the guy who took my case over to be on vacation! I answered this email the same day and again no answer. It’s like theres only one person working there, and if the email does’nt mention hus name he does not answer it?

Still hoping a little.

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I checked the web site ( nosey) they are still taking orders and their phone message box is full.

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  10. Robert Mayrand

Aug 16, 2018
    Montreal, quebec, canada
    This is the guy that took the case over and raise my hope, then told me that he was on vacation and that i should have receive an out of the office email. He answered a few email..... and hopefully should close the case, but again i’ve been waiting for a fewdays for an answer from him!

11. #10 Goonergoose, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    I actually went there in person 2 weeks ago. I picked up a X-pipe. I can vouch it is a small concern but received excellent service and a great product.

12. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I have dealt with them with no problem both email and phone.

13. Robert Mayrand

Aug 16, 2018
    Montreal, quebec, canada
    Your comments are reassuring, let’s just hope that my experience is just a series of isolate and unfortunate event and that everything will be fine. But for now i’ts been over a month since I made the order and my exhaust has not yet left their building and their email answering ability are not that great.

I still have some hope to get it before we get our first 0 celcius!

Rob

14. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Just keep on their case....like a few of us here they are also getting a bit old and slow.;)

15. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Keep us posted.

16. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Didn’t somebody recently post about some kind of redesign taking place on these exhausts due to welding affecting the chrome finish, I think they were changing to bolted on brackets, or have I just dreamt that one up? Used the search facility to try to find the post but it didn’t find me what I was looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    Yorkshireman, yeah it was me. I emailed today to find out when the expect to despatch my order for silencers for my T120, and they said expected by end of this week or early next week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  18. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Cheers, I thought I was going mad when I couldn’t find the post, hope your exhausts are in fine fettle when you get them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Robert Mayrand

Aug 16, 2018
    Montreal, quebec, canada
    #18 Robert Mayrand, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    I’ve also been told the same for despatch, but nearly a week ago. It was supposed to be in the « next few days ». The problem i have been told is that they experience some problems with the quality on the chroming process. After the problem, they received a corrected batch wich was still not up to their standard, and now a second batch is coming in wich is suppose to be perfect.

I understand that some problem like that can happen, but what is unnaceptable is to simply don’t advise the customer of what is happening and of the additional delay, and avoiding to reply to email.........that is simply bad customer service.

Robert

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Robert Mayrand

Aug 16, 2018
    Montreal, quebec, canada
    Just so people can get an idea of what i went trough, here’s just a summarized account of my buying experience

Order accepted at Norman Hyde august 16th and paid for

August 17th
    -Received confirmation that my exhaust would ship in the next five days

August 23rd
    -Sent email to sales and support to see if it was possible to ad an item to my order.......no answer

August 24th
    -Sent email sales/support to ask if order was shipped?.....no answer

August 27th
    -Sent email to sales for update and tracking.......no answer

Aug 29th
    -sent email again at the email provided by paypal hinkley@.....

-Reply from A. Macdonald: the guy from sale was on holiday, asking for more info to track my order.

-info sent to A. Macdonald........no answer

Aug 30th
    -email sent to A. Macdonald for an update

Aug 31st
    -Reply from A. Macdonald: explaining problem with plating, offering me different buying option

-Email sent to A. Macdonald for more precision on option....... no answer

Sept 3rd
    -Email sent again to A. Macdonald for precision and confirming choice....no answer

Sept 5th
    -email sent to A. Macdonald asking to be answered........no answer

Sept 10th
    -sent again......no answer

Sept 12th
    -sent again......no answer

-email sent to all the differents adress i can get from Norman Hyde asking to get an update, and how i can reach M. Macdonald.......no answer

Sept 13th
    -same email sent to Norman Hyde paypal adress......

Sept 14th
    -Reply from A. Macdonald: sorry was on holiday you shoud have got my out of office message. Exhaust in plating today. Shipping in a few days.

-email sent to all service to ask if it was possible to ship a faster way since the unreasonnable delay......no answer

Sept 17th
    -email sent again to A. Macdonald for faster shipping and discount offer......no answer

Sept 18th
    -Same email sent to all Norman Hyde adress.....no answer yet.

Still hoping!

21. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I would be climbing the walls you are a patient man. I would also be asking for a refund and contacting Paypal and Hyde for return before your 28 days is up.

• Agree Agree x 2