Noob

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by cLuMpY, Apr 23, 2014.

1. cLuMpY

cLuMpY Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Fareham
    Hey, been off bikes for a year or so for a few reasons, lost a good friend and having young kids being the main reason. After losing a friend I sold my GSXR 1000 and bought a CRF 450 to slow things down and enjoy a bit of green laning. Which I did until it got stolen from my garden. My wife took pity and bought me a VFR800 for my 40th but we didn't gel it was just too ummm unexciting, very nice bike just not for me. So left bikes for a year, did some sailing but always pined on a Tuesday driving home from work watching all the bikes go to Poole Quay. Saturday went to my local Triumph dealer simply for a look round as it's fairly new and well I love looking around bike shops. Test rode a demo speed triple R and well, loved it so now waiting to pick it up hopefully on Saturday. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Welcome to the forum and hopefully the weather improves for you for the weekend, The Speed Triple R is a very nice piece of kit :biggrin:

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi welcome to the forum, the Speed Triple is a great bike loved the 18 months I had with mine :upyeah:

4. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Hello and welcome, Speed Triple nice bike, be sure to put piccie on here after Saturday :upyeah:

5. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    Hi, welcome to the forum :smile:

6. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining and looking forward to seeing you down the Quay :upyeah:

7. cLuMpY

cLuMpY Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Fareham
    Thanks for the welcomes, hopefully will get down the Quay pretty soon would be good to meet up.

Here's a pic from my test ride.

image.jpg

image.jpg

8. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Welcome to the the forum, enjoy the new bike :upyeah:

9. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Are you sure that the Speed Triple is the right bike for you. as you seem to have trouble getting you feet on the ground in that photo :wink::biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  10. cLuMpY

cLuMpY Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Fareham
    I'll never forgive my mum for smoking whilst pregnant!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. T-Bird Rob

T-Bird Rob Member

Apr 30, 2014