No Oil Pressure Warning Light Or Neutral Light

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Robert B, May 15, 2024.

1. Robert B

Robert B New Member

May 14, 2024
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Hi... new member here. I've been having a problem with my 99 thunderbird 900. I recently changed a burned out ignition to a new used one from ebay ignition. Before I installed it, I plugged it into the connector in the bucket and everything worked as it should, turn signals, horn, starter button, brake lights, and the oil pressure warning light and neutral light came on with the key. So with everything now working, I fed the ignition connector into the headlight bucket... it was a little hard getting it through but I didn't force anything. Then I plugged the connector back together and found I had lost the oil pressure warning light and neutral light,while everything else works as it should. All fuses are good. I'm assuming that the problem is in the headlight bucket or one of the connectors from the handlbar controls but no amount of checking has gotten me any closer to fixing the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @{Robert B
    I take it you checked the bulbs themselves. And just because a fuse looks good doesn't mean it is. Then check earths and for chaffing wires around the head stock. Joe. Welcome to the family by the way.

• Like Like x 1