Newbie...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by P19DJG, Mar 16, 2013.

1. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Hi, im new here. My name is Duncan & i live in Earl Shilton in Leicestershire, just up the road from the Triumph factory. Rode sports bikes & nakeds pretty much all my adult life but opted for a Triumph cruiser last year & picked up an 07 America.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Purplezest

Purplezest New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hello and welcome, i am a newbie to this forum/triumphs/motorbiking too XD i am on a Street Triple, but how many times i have sat on the cruiser in the dealership wondering what its like to ride! its one hell of a bike! i have had a go on a Harley Davidson think it was the sportster (800cc the smallest one they make) i can't fully remember but i loved it!
    Did you go to stratstone in leicester?

• Like Like x 2
  3. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Ay up Duncan, reckon there's at least three of us here from the f/b cruisers now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Ay up Tony, hows it hanging?
    Purplezest, i got it privately from Lincolnshire but do frequent Stratstone Leicester if only for the bacon rolls :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi and welcome to the forum, not far from me (Ashby). Bought a Yamaha XS 250 from a bike shop in Earl Shilton way back in 1981, worst bike I ever owned :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome to the site guy's

• Like Like x 1
  7. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hey Duncan, welcome to the forum, another from our neck of the woods, nice machine has it ever been out??? It looks mint :upyeah:

8. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Hi Jim, yeah its been out but not much lately as its either too cold, raining or im busy with work, wife or kids but she does get started weekly & cleaned regardless. Still the crap weather has given us chance to bond as im new to Triumph bikes & cruisers. Always had Honda bikes apart from one, which was an Aprilia, but all were either sportsbikes or nakeds. Back problems & the need to slow down has torn me away from sportsbikes now.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    This was my first Triumph too... Wasn't sure at first but so glad I did go T and really don't think I would go for anything other now....
    Best bike I've ever had, and Triumph in my opinion really have the market nailed when you look at current models, expected models, colour schemes, racing, style n following....
    Well you do a good job of keeping it in showroom condition, springs almost on us, we are all chomping at the bit, happy days!! Keep an eye out for ride outs posted on here buddy!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    First Triumph for me as well, 1500 miles in and still love it. Had a couple of Bandits prior to this and 1200 S Ducati Multistrada which was bonkers fast but totally unreliable.
    Look forward to meeting some of you if we do a ride out, let's hope the weather picks up soon.

• Like Like x 1