Newbie to the forum. Soon-to-be Speed Four rider!! Technical qu also: S4 headlight...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by tom4speed, Jul 24, 2014.

1. tom4speed

tom4speed New Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Harrogate
    Hi everyone,

Not new to riding, but new to Triumph ownership (although technically not mine as I haven't handed over the rest of the cash yet!) and can't wait to get the 2006 Speed Four in yellow and original trim I've just put down a deposit for!

Looking forward to sharing ideas, inspiration and technical expertise with you all.

On the technical side of things, my research has thrown up that the S4 headlights aren't great in dipped form and could always do with a bit more luminescence in high beam so I've been looking into replacing the stock bulbs with some stronger ones. Can anyone suggest a decent, long-life bulb and where to get them from? Additionally, anyone know how I actually go about removing and replacing the bulbs? I can't find any technical plans or schematics to show me how to go about this, even Youtube fails to deliver! So, a simple step-by-step note or video would be brilliant. I imagine there might be some info in the owner's manual, but I haven't got my hands on it yet.

Has the Forum got a Youtube channel where we can post clips of technical stuff, amazing mods and great rides?

Appreciate any help y'all can offer.

Thanks,

tom4speed

2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
  3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi and welcome to the forum