Newbie signing in

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Stevie67, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Stevie67

Stevie67 New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Hey there folks

I'm Steve from Ipswich and I just decided to get out of sports bikes, so I traded my 2005 GSXR 1000 for this 2007 Bonneville. First impressions are good though I may need to get some exhaust cans with a bit more volume. I'm also on the look for a nice retro jacket to go with the bike. I've been looking at the Triumph Steve McQueen jacket so any other suggestions would be gratefully received.
    I also have a Honda NC700x for my daily commute and a Suzuki GS650GT which I'm looking to convert to a Cafe Racer or scrambler.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Welcome to the forum Stevie.

Good to have another Bonnie owner on board and I'm sure the other guys will come up with plenty of good advice.

I see you have the NC700 as well, I think it was mentioned in the review done by an Aussie lad that is rather funny :wink:

Cheers

Steve

An Honest Review of The Triumph Bonneville - YouTube

3. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yo Steve, good looking Bonnie, mines an 09. Tis fitted with Power Commander, loads of goodies available for these bikes. Steve Mcqueen, cool eh, and good luck with the Suzook Cafe Racer :upyeah:

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi Steve,
    Nice looking Bonnie, mines an 04. Have "debaffled" my quiet exhausts so it now sounds more like it should. It's an easy mod until (like me) you get round to buying something else.
    Have added a Dart flyscreen to mine and some retro looking fork gaiters.
    Looking at Belstaff jackets as my retro choice - the shorter ones like the Brooklands, Mojave or Racemaster.

5. Ayup Stevie,
    Excellent choice !! I recently bought an 08 Bonnie, the last of the carb model. I also have just given up on jap inline fours...although, i also just sold a 1200 Bandit, and bought a Kawasaki ZRX1100 :biggrin:
    I think you will love the Bonnie, as long as you don't expect it to do what your GSXR did !!
    I also love oldskool Suzuki's, i've had loads over the years, so lets see the 650 please :wink:

6. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    welcome to the forum nice looking bike , get the aftermarket pipes on it and make it sound like a real bike , good luck and s:upyeah:afe riding

7. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome to the forum ​​:upyeah: