Newbie pick up my new Speedmaster on Saturday

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by CreepyC, Jul 24, 2014.

1. CreepyC

CreepyC New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    York
    Hi all

Mark here with a quick hello...

Passed my test last month and I couldn't stop myself from buying the 2014 Speedmaster graphite gray, it looks awesome!

Test ridden one last week and loved it, but id be lining if I didn't say I was $h!t scared! being my first cruiser experience.

Cant wait till Sat now :biggrin:

CreepyC

• Like Like x 3
  2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Welcome to the forum.

Hope you have a great weekend on your Speedmaster just don't get too carried away and take it easy until you get used to the bike.:upyeah:

Cheers

Steve

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi and welcome to the forum

Congratulations on the new machine.

Hope great weather holds out for you and as Steve says take it easy while you get used to the bike

Pictures are always nice when you pick it up.

4. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Welcome to another cruiser owner :smile:

I think the Speedy and America are vastly underrated bikes and far more than just cruisers. Last month I did 2500 miles in Switzerland and France on my America. Excellent fuel range, powerful and smooth enough to maintain 80-85 on motorways (and in reality with the French crackdown on speeding that's all you want to be doing) yet light enough to deal with smaller twisty roads.

I did the same trip last year on my Tiger 1050 and I have to say I enjoyed this year's trip far more.

Safe riding and look into a Bikesafe course. Run by the Police. Cheap and an excellent way to develop your skills.

5. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Welcome to the forum :upyeah: good luck and safe riding with the new bike