Newbie looking at America LT

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by aruns27, Jun 11, 2014.

1. aruns27

aruns27 New Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Hi all, Found this forum while looking for reviews on triumph america LT. i test rode it last week and im pretty impressed by it, though the seat isn't the best. i have a RE 350cc and have never owned anything above that. wat do u guys think on the America LT?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome, thanks for joining :upyeah:

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

I really don't know alot about the America as I have never ridden on but they seem to be very popular.

Best if I leave it to our cruiser community to answer your questions.

Cheers

Steve

4. aruns27

aruns27 New Member

Jun 11, 2014
    :upyeah:

Thanks for the response SteveJ. Will dive into the cruiser community.:smile:

5. MonkeyRyder

MonkeyRyder Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Salford, Manchester
    Hi and welcome to the forum, I've never had the pleasure of riding crusiers, but I can say if I was going to, the LT would be in my top five to try out.

Cheers
    Ric

6. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    I have the Speedmaster shes an old girl 2005 but as long as your not in a massive hurry but just want to look good its the bike for you ,there are after market Gel seats which is what I have and is so comfortable ,I haven't had the pleasure of the riding new LT but if its anything like mine then go for it , hope this helps and welcome to the forum :upyeah:

7. little legs

little legs New Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Essex
    Hello and welcome. I ride a legend 2001 and the pose value is off the scale. Nice bike to drive will not brake any land speed records but still fast enough to lose your driving licence and give quite a few people a shock in speed. I now want a thunderbird as my next bike.

8. aruns27

aruns27 New Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Thanks All. Got my triumph delivered couple of weeks ago and am loving it :smile:

9. Chiefdruid

Chiefdruid New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Hello and welcome, ride safe and have fun :upyeah:

10. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi and welcome to the forum, not ridden the America LT but Triumph don't make a bad bike, most important thing is do you fit it? (you can change the seat) if you like the look and it performs for your requirements then go for it.
    Cheers

11. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    It is a great looking bike.

Personally I think it is the worst bike on the planet to ride, it does not handle well and the engine is more like a single pot than a twin, its lumpy and lacking in any grunt.

Do I take it you are not an experience rider?

If you are then take it out again but for at least two hours and ride it on every single type of road surface you can find, ride it also on twisty roads.

If you are not experienced try a straight Bonneville, they are vastly superior and the engine us the same size as the America but it fires differently and hence is much smoother. Be totally sure it is the bike for you and you are happy with its ride and handling.

Be safe out there.