Newbie Advice - Parts - '02 America

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Dyldo, Jul 6, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Dyldo

Dyldo New Member

Jul 6, 2024
    Melbourne
    G'day folks!

I just bought an '02 America so I guess I'm joining the Triumph owners club.

The bike needs a bit of work before it hits the road so I was hoping for some advice.
    It seems old America parts are a little harder to come by, so my question is this:
    What are other models that I can reliably source parts for that should fit easily onto my America? (eg. up to 2008 Americans, 2002-2004 Speedmasters, etc. etc.)

Hopefully someone has some thoughts on the matter, thanks in advance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Welcome to the forum!
    I have a 2005 Speedmaster 865 and the as far as I'm aware, the America is pretty similar apart from the bars and engine chrome work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bill MacFarlane

Dec 2, 2023
    Conder
    Depends on what you need...most parts from the Speedys fit the America...mostly the diffence between the two is the America has shiny bits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dyldo

Dyldo New Member

Jul 6, 2024
    Melbourne
    Out of curiosity, has anyone fit aftermarket seating designed for harelys or japanese bikes? the cost of specifically designed speedmaster/america seats is just too high in Australia with such a small market share

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Just do a google search. Or put a wanted ad here. There are suppliers out there mainly in America. Wish you lots of luck