New to Triumph

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Holly2506, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Holly2506

Holly2506 Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Newport, South Wales
    Hi all,

Names Shane and living in Newport i have just bought a street triple R 2012.
    Having stepped up from a 600 bandit I am loving her. Much more of an agressive riding style and a little less comfortable but im sure i will get used to the riding position.

Anyhows thanks for welcoming me to your group..:upyeah:

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ayup Holly,
    Nice bike :upyeah: had loads of Bandits over the years, brilliant bikes.
    Hope you enjoy your new bike :biggrin:

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi Shane
    Welcome to the forum, congratulations on the Street Triple. I've owned a 600 Bandit and occasionally manage to blag a go on my wife's Street Triple and there is certainly a big difference between the two. The Street is so much smaller, lighter and better handling and the noise it makes high in the rev range is intoxicating...... I love them, pity I'm 6' 4" and 18 stone as I just do not fit it.

The wife has just ridden her Street 2400 miles to the Alps and back with no complaints although I have noticed she appears to now have a neck like a bull elephant Lol!

4. Holly2506

Holly2506 Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Newport, South Wales
    Cheers both, Thats half the reason i bought it. Im planning a 3 week ride next year to italy via St. Gotthard Pass. There's only 2 of us and he is wanting to ride his moto guzzi back to the factory it was made. I just didnt fancy riding my battered and bruised bandit all that way although i admit that i almost changed my mind as the part ex went through...Bandits are just so comfortable and reliable...

The triple on first impressions is so much fun...its almost a joy to hit a red light because she sounds amazing going from standstill to high revs..

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
  6. Holly2506

Holly2506 Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Newport, South Wales
    Much appreciated. They look the part. I think they would be a must for a big trip and no bungees. Cheers once again.

7. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    welcome to the forum ,good luck and safe riding on the new bike :upyeah:

8. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Gidday Shane and welcome to the forum.

The Street Triple is a great bit of kit and I'm sure you will have loads of fun on it :biggrin:

Richard your brave mate :wink: If I said something like that about my missus I believe that I would be in rather serious trouble :redface:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome to the forum ​​:upyeah: