New Owner

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by struv, Jun 18, 2024.

1. struv

struv Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2023
    Teesside
    hi follks currently riding a 22 speed twin 900 but keep admiring the looks of the Bonneville so it looks like i may be trading up to a 21 Bonneville t100 im happy enough with the speed and torque of the 900 so decided to not spend the extra on the 1200 and the bike in question is my favorite colour scheme of blue and white .its the later model with black wheels too .hoping theres a little more room on this one as a 6 foot 62 year old i was finding the speed twin a little small especially 2 up . anyway something to look forward to when i get back from my hollidays

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Welcome to the family. Yes you do get a little more room on the Bonneville. And there's lots of things you can do to get even more room. @joemcdonald

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum!;)

You will love it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. struv

struv Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2023
    Teesside
    so i have removed the hagon rear shocks and front springs from my 2022 speed twin 900 am i right in thinking i can fit and use these on my new 2021 euro 5 t100. i have checked the triumph parts numbers and the oe stuff are different numbers im just wondering if maybe the t100 parts are just more comfort orientated and the speed twin 900 were a little firmer for a more sporty ride .they both use cartridge 41 mm forks and both have the same length rear shocks

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    I bought a new 2020 T100 blue white.

To be honest if it didnt have chrome wheels I would not have bought it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. struv

struv Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2023
    Teesside
    each to there own i wanted the black wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    Indeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. struv

struv Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2023
    Teesside
    well i have done a little research and it seems the rear shocks off the speed twin will fit but are 10mm shorter than the T100 ones and the fork springs are totally different so i cant use them .oh well here we go again