New member from Sweden

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Lotus211, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Lotus211

Lotus211 New Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Sweden
    Hey..

Im a new member from Sweden..

Just in the process of getting my bike license and am now looking at getting my first bike...

Brand is decided as u can guess but im choosing between a T100 Black or a Thruxton...

Z

2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

What part of Sweden are you from as I have spent some time in and around Halland mainly Halmstad which is one of my favourite places. :upyeah:

Both the T100 and Thruxton are great bikes but if your looking to do some longer distance riding then the T100 might be a better bet.

Tak

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi and welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yo and welcome, Thruxton has forward cafe race position inc feet back a little. This affects a pillion to the extent my pal had to go out and get another bike as well for wife to be comfortable on back. Might not be a problem for you of course. I have 2009 Bonnie SE, love it and plenty of goodies to buy to enrich performance IF required later. Try and ride/sit on both although dealers won't let you ride Good luck :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    Hi and welcome

Love Sweden, have friends near Gothenburg

I have a T 100 black and love it, its the one to go for.

Now this is the most important advice you will receive.........getting your bike licence does not mean you can ride a bike, it is the first step in a long learning process.

All the licence does it ensure that at a given time you were safe on the road.

Continue training after you get your licence, read up on advanced riding techniques, if the book shows a sports bike leaned well over that is the wrong book, look for your Police riding manual, your observation skills will need to improve dramatically, then your road craft will follow.

Take it slow and easy and do not be pressured into riding faster than you are comfortable with

Other bikes will come and go but a Triumph is for life.

Final piece of advice, once you have your Bonnie, thats it it stays, for the rest of your biking life. They become part of the family they really are that special, I now have a tear in my eye as my love is in the garage, black shiny and ready to go and I have an arm injury (non biking related) so cannot take her out

6. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Welcome to the forum :upyeah: