New Bike, Mil Light At 100 Miles?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dino Montana, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Dino Montana

Dino Montana New Member

Mar 9, 2022
    Ecuador
    Just bought a 2020 new, filled the half full tank with “super” before I drove home 80 miles on mixed roads, no problems. Second time riding it today…. riding in town/city like traffic for a couple hours, engine fan was getting a workout. No TC light and MIL lights came on before I got home. Was still running okay. The dealer asked me to disconnect the negative terminal for 3 minutes… no fix.
    I read the threads concerning the cold to hot cycle 3 times, I will try this. Anyone else experience this scenario?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    Dino, you need to connect it to a scanner to read the code, it has to be something simple

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dino Montana

Dino Montana New Member

Mar 9, 2022
    Ecuador
    Which scanner is preferred?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    I used a generic obd2 scanner on my tiger 900 gt pro model 2021
    in my case is a program called VCDS used to diagnose VW cars, it has a generic obd2 mode and it worked to read the error code I got on the Tiger, and then erase it.

I know there are Bluetooth modules that connect to an Android program called Tune ECU, but I have not used it

and there is another one called Dealer tool, you can see it here
    http://dealertool.co.uk/

I may buy one of these two in the future

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Dino Montana

Dino Montana New Member

Mar 9, 2022
    Ecuador
    Update:
    Hauled in a truck back to dealer after doing 2 cold start routines. Light went out after unloading at dealer (lol, that’s typical). His computer told him there were some incomplete shifts, possible tranny problem. Then I remembered I had moved the shifter lever up for my larger boot. It seems the lever touched the transmission on up shift which triggered the light. New tech to me. Adjusted and alls good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1