Need For Triumph To Come Up With Researched Wind Mgt System For The Bonnevilles

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Lonewolf22, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Lonewolf22

Lonewolf22 New Member

Dec 6, 2023
    india
    humble suggestion from a t120 owner
    The need for an adjustable and easily dismountable windscreen and fork mounted deflectors , tried and tested in a wind tunnel is very much felt. The reason why it has to be adjustable and easy to mount and dismount is because of 2 conflicting requirements;-
    (a) The need for some breeze when one is puttering around city at low speeds on a hot indian summer day
    (b) The need to obviate direct wind blast and buffeting due to low pressure area around the helmet region, or just riding at speed on highways in a cold country.

If we have something to bring about (b) and its fixed then requirement (a) is not met ...right, and if we have something small enough for (a) to happen, requirement (b) will not be met....right.

So a height adjustable system, with an additional deflector on top which can be angled for deflecting or bringing in a little wind, coupled with fork mounted deflectors on the side....tested in a wind tunnel and designed would be awesome. Its a 1200 cc bike ...right...even if its a classic it will do some great speed. And its built for that...every one loves it...but when it comes to wind mgt with stock windscreens....Triumph needs to seriously do something here...and may be sell it as an accessory...if not stock
    Thanks and Regards...I Love my Triumph

2. Woodtickgreg

Woodtickgreg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    Madstad windshields address all of that. I have one on my bonneville and can't say enough good things about its function. Great windshield. They have lowers but I haven't felt a need for those yet.

3. Traveler

Traveler Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2023
    Helena, Sweet Home Alabama
    What the WoodTick-Man said:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. John Bentall

John Bentall Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Enfield, North London
    Lonewolf22,

You have to be joking!

Triumph design a naked retro and you want the wind management of a BMW R1250RT!

However you might also consider the height-adjustable Givi Airflow AF49 - possibly less expensive where you are than the Madstad.

• Agree Agree x 2