My projects, sorry, not Triumphs

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by mister c, Apr 16, 2015.

1. mister c

mister c New Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Crewe, Cheshire
    These are my projects. I tend to buy bikes that no one wants, so they're cheap. I then spend lots of time trawling Ebay looking for cheap parts.

Suzuki GN125. Built this for my other half, it's been ready now for 6 months & she hasn't touched it.
    [​IMG]

Peugeot Speedfight.
    I ended up getting very carried away with this one. Cost me a fortune to build, full race prepped 70cc motor & lots of other bits including a different front end. I felt a complete idiot riding it, so sold it for next to nothing to buy a camera.
    [​IMG]

1982 Honda CBX550.
    I bought 2 of these for £400. This unfaired version is in the middle of a total restoration. Powder coated frame etc. Lots of new parts & a lot of time spent. This is my long term project.

Day 1
    [​IMG]

How she is at the moment.
    [​IMG]

My final project which has taken precedent over everything at the moment is my Kawasaki ZXR750 J1. I have always wanted one since they came out, so couldn't turn this down at £350. Stolen recovered, left in a ditch until found, then untouched in a shed for over a year. It's hard work, but it's getting there.

Day 1
    [​IMG]

Today.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Fair play mate - that's a lot of work going on there. Love the look of the Honda; did my CBT on a GN125 (so first bike I rode). Bought my son a Kymco moped and had to ride it back from Fareham to Winchester and then on to Odiham the next day so I know all about feeling an idiot!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Your a busy man mister c. All look good although I'll dismiss the scooter. Eric

4. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Oh and I also had four cbx550's as a job lot because they were cheap and unloved so I know what you mean. Eric

• Like Like x 1
  5. mister c

mister c New Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Crewe, Cheshire
    I had a CBX about 25 years ago, but had to sell it as i was broke. I loved it for the 6 months I owned it. This one is more a tug at the heart strings than trying to make any money. I'm hoping it will look the nuts when it's finished

6. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Liked my CBX550 when I had one, once was offered Dick Emery's CBX1000 !! Welcome aboard Mr C good to see projects, mines a 1964 Tbird. (Followed a Bantam that had been stored fer 37 years and then a little 125cc Harley, both now back on the road) Keep walking past Tbird but sometimes do a bit. Got some new rims but still in box.

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Rocker, where did you get your rims from? how much? I probably need to replace my front on 58 tbird and if you think they are good quality I might get them from your place.

cheers steve

8. Recycled Rocker

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yo Steve, ring Bob at Wyldes in Leeds, nice bloke (semi retired now). Got front special rate selling off £70 but back had to be ordered so £110
    British and good chrome. Make sure you have model and type of hub etc etc number spokes as yer know

www.cwylde.co.uk 01132468888 He does advertise on Ebay

ps they actually make spokes there!

9. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I'll second that, it's a very good olde world shop. Ived used them too and a mate of mine had some top class wheels made there too. Hey recycled, I just can't imagine Dick Emery on a bike somehow never mind a cbx!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Recycled Rocker

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yeah Tig, I had to see a photo of man and bike together to believe it too, when I saw bike for sale. It's a few years ago now and price was £3000.

11. Keith Inglis

Keith Inglis Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Kings Lynn
    I have just finished a BMW K75c it is in the first year of production 1986 and has only had three owners including me and was owned by two F1 drivers before :) it is up for sale now so I can look for another project shortly :)
    Keith
    P1020134.JPG P1020133.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Hi I've not so long ago brought a 1991 cbr 600 as project ,I've wanted to do this for a long time it's not about making money and will never sell it when I've finished I brought one brand new and holds so many great memories
    How I brought it
    image.jpg And how it is at present
    image.jpg

13. Keith Inglis

Keith Inglis Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Kings Lynn
    Here's another one finished and its a Triumph a 1992 Trophy 900
    [​IMG]