Tiger Explorer Model 1200/2022 Starter Motor Disabled Problem

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Jarek77, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Jarek77

Jarek77 New Member

Oct 11, 2023
    Warsaw
    Hi All,

anyone had this problem when starting the bike ?
    I have checked my battery and it's fine, but can't start the bike.
    The message is "starter motor disabled" on the dashboard.

Thanks for any help !

Jarek

2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I dont know much about newer bikes but
    I assume bike is in neutral ( on my bike, clutch pulled?) and you haven't hit the engine kill button.
    When you say the battery is fine have you tried another battery, what are the readings? Should be about 12.6 v static and if it drops below 12v when you press the starter button there is a cut out that stops the bike starting. Cold weather can kill a healthy looking battery, may just need a charge.
    Fuse?
    Have you tried putting the bike in gear and moving it slightly, may free the starter off?

3. Jarek77

Jarek77 New Member

Oct 11, 2023
    Warsaw
    Thanks Sprintdave, yes bike in neutral, clutch pulled, kill and starter button are the same in this model so no way to switch off when starting. I have checked the battery, it's a Lithium-Ion one and the voltage is 13.1 so it's ok. Have also tried putting the bike in gear but this didn't help.
    Any other idea ?

4. Welshbaron75

Welshbaron75 New Member

Mar 8, 2024
    Wales
    hello,

did you get this issue resolved? As I’m having the same issue and bike has been in dealership for close to 4 weeks. They think the loom maybe the issue?

5. Jarek77

Jarek77 New Member

Oct 11, 2023
    Warsaw
    My bike is at the dealership currently. They told me they found the issue and are waiting for some parts to fix it, I will let you know when done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welshbaron75

Welshbaron75 New Member

Mar 8, 2024
    Wales
    Got my bike back from the dealership and it’s working again now. They said they had to replace the solenoid 3 times I smell BS but it’s running again !