Lowering A T120

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Jerican68, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Jerican68

Jerican68 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Victoria BC
    Ive seen quite a few Bonnies that seem to have been lowered, the back end is a lot closer to the tyre. What’s involved with this? Pros and cons? At this point it’s purely the look that appeals to me. Thanks.

2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I personally have never heard of one being lowered as they are very low to begin with. The rear suspension is so terrible that people go higher rather than lower so ‘can of worms’ springs to mind

3. David Simpson

David Simpson Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Boston UK
    I've lowered my 2012 T100, fitted Hagon Shocks to the rear 20mm shorter than standard, then moved the front forks up 20 mm, handles great, and much easier for my short legs to move it around!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    How’s your back??? :D:D:D:eek:

5. David Simpson

David Simpson Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Boston UK
    My back is fine thanks, by lowering the front and back the same amount, the geometry is the same!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Wasn’t meaning that but shock movement now will be less than the depth of uk potholes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. David Simpson

David Simpson Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Boston UK
    To be honest, I haven't noticed any difference, the Hagon shocks are great, and for me being vertically challenged in the leg department, it's a lot easier at low speeds!

8. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I lowered my Scrambler. Not for looks, but so that I could plant both feet firmly on the ground. Worked for me, but, to each his own!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sibo

Sibo New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Fareham
    This is what i plan to do hopefully once ive picked my new bike up, just for the looks. Whats the standard length of the shocks please?

10. PaulCas

PaulCas Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2018
    West Yorks
    I fitted 330mm (10mm shorter than stock) Hagon rear shocks to my 2007 T100. This was also to suit my shorter than average legs, but....
    Now I need to look at fitting some rear sets or at least changing the footpegs cos I'm scraping them on the fast bends:yum

11. PaulCas

PaulCas Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2018
    West Yorks
    I fitted 330mm (10mm shorter than stock) Hagon rear shocks to my 2007 T100. This was also to suit my shorter than average legs, but....
    Now I need to look at fitting some rear sets or at least changing the footpegs cos I'm scraping them on the fast bends:yum