lost bonneville.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by knitinglee, Aug 31, 2014.

1. knitinglee

knitinglee New Member

Aug 31, 2014
    gwent
    Hi to you all,
    I`m a forum virgin,so I may have placed this in the wrong section but here goes,I`m hoping to get any information on a bike I once owned,its a 1975 triumph bonneville,I bought it new in may 1975,from mead and tompkins of Hereford,the reg number is HFO813N,the original colour was burgundy,but its now been changed to black,I would love to buy this bike back so fingers crossed,hugs and kisses mandy.

2. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Welcome to the forum, if you don't get any luck on here try the triumph owners club they might be able to help trace it for you :upyeah:

3. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Good luck Mandy and welcome. From DVLA I can see it is not taxed. As mentioned try Historian at Triumph owners Club and other Triumph forums on net. I'm looking for my old bike a 1965 Bonnie CNW 53C. No luck yet, advertised in Old Bike Mart with no success, but is is alive and taxed somewhere

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi and welcome to the forum and good luck in your search. Little point in me looking for my first great bike; a 1981 RD 250LC as the dealer told me a lad had wrapped it round a lamp-post a week after I sold it to them :frown:

5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Not exactly unusual for these bikes. I'm actually surprised that there are any left on the road :rolleyes:

6. knitinglee

knitinglee New Member

Aug 31, 2014
    gwent
    Hi again to you all,
    Firstly thanks for your replies,I will put out some feelers on other sites,hopefully someone will know something about this bike,I would love to have it back,I think its still in the hereford area,so fingers crossed,hugs and kisses,mandy.

7. 2wheeledant

2wheeledant Member

Aug 10, 2014
    South Shields
    You need a friendly policeman to trace the V5 owner!

8. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    I know what your saying 2 wheel but if said policeman gets caught then it's bye bye career.
    They could check on PNC but the would need to be a valid reason why that check had been completed and your collar number is on. Every check. I don't know if you can the only suggestion is send a letter to the DVLA asking if they could forward a letter to the registered keeper asking for them to contact you with regards to purchasing the bike back.

And just for the record I used to have PNC access but now thankfully I don't