Looking For Alarm For My 24 765 Rs

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Kempo Maximus, Aug 29, 2024.

1. Kempo Maximus

Kempo Maximus New Member

Aug 29, 2024
    Slovenia
    I was looking to get myself a bike alarm. I am not into wheel locks, so I want a classic alarm.
    Anyway, Triumph is offering one but it is just too expensive IMHO. To add salt to the wound - the mounting kit has to be purchased separately and has just an indane price for those few bits and bobs - it is a robbery upload_2024-8-29_14-6-50.gif

So obviously someone is manufacturing all that for Triumph - I wonder if anyone knows which company - because I like OEM stuff and usually - buying the same piece from a manufacturer is much cheaper.
    I tried googling - no luck. So guys if someone knows - I would really appreciate the link.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Kempo, the Triumph alarm is made by Datatool, I would personally not fit an alarm, what I would do is fit a tracker, these can be bought inexpensively via the internet, these tracker devices can be fitted anywhere out of sight on your machine, they are small and run via a small battery that lasts a long time, the tracker is linked to you mobile phone so you know in real time the location of the machine 24/7, also it has the bonus of not needing wiring into the harness or fitment to the machines dedicated alarm connector, and in any case when an alarm is fitted to the machines specific plug it can be very easily removed by any person intent on stealing you bike. Additionally the Datatool alarms do cause some issues, there are instances that have caused machines to fail on starting up. Hope this helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RickM46

RickM46 Active Member

Oct 12, 2023
    US
    I like the tracker idea; any recommendations on where one can be bought?

4. Kempo Maximus

Kempo Maximus New Member

Aug 29, 2024
    Slovenia
    Thanks for the help info. Tracking is fine, but that is when shit already got stolen. I want deterent primarily. I am looking now at Scorpio Alarm with perimeter sensor that also warnes when someone comes too close to the bike. That thing worked perfectly last time I had in on my old bike.

5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Rick, there are a number of companies that do them, E Bay, Amazon and Sportsbike Shop to name a few, the latter are a great company easy to deal with, and if any returns are needed it is very easy to do and free.

• Like Like x 1