Looking For A Seat For A Triumph Sprint 1996

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by joe mc donald, Nov 2, 2023.

1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    This is the seat i am trying to find for a good friend. Triumph sprint 900 P530BPA 1996 the part number is seat 2300675 .

2. Holyjames

Holyjames New Member

Sep 25, 2023
    Ohio
    Hi mate,
    I’m parting out mine seat.
    $75

pics and details in my email
    Holyjames one one at aol dot com

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Holyjames
    Have sent the details to my friend and will get back to you. Postage might be a bit expensive unless you were to post as a gift. Joe

4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Joe. I think the seats from most - if not all - T300s are exactly the same (except for colour, obviously) so Trident; Trophy; Daytona seats should all fit. I may have one - I'll check tomorrow - but it would probably require a refurb.

I'll let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Holyjames

Holyjames New Member

Sep 25, 2023
    Ohio
    Alright joe, I will be expecting to hear from your friend or you yourself, since you already got my email.
    Regards.

• Like Like x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adie P.
    Thanks for that.
    Joe

7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    HolyJames
    Yes i passed all the info on to my friend.
    Joe
    HolyJames.
    I just spoke to the friend. He said he might hold on a little longer and try to find one hear in the UK but will hold on to your details.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hi @joe mc donald Apologies for the delay - been busy.

I checked in my 'stash' and I DO have a spare seat - however ..... there's bad news and good news!

The bad is it isn't the same part number (I think the one I have is T2300058) and, as I thought, it does require a full refurb. The seat cover is original and is almost certainly not salvageable - it's split and the splits have been duct-taped over; the covers staples are quite rusty and there's a bit of corrosion on the retainers but not bad and not extensive, and it doesn't have a pillion grab strap (i.e. it's not got one nor is meant to have one, so no strap and/or fittings) though very few did as I recall.

The good news, as such, is it looks like the same shape/size/form of the later part number (I'm fairly sure that all the early T300 Trident, Trophy and Daytona models used the same shaped seat) and it has all the rubbers; the retainers and 'hardware'. The foam MIGHT be OK - difficult to tell, but it feels OK.

And,finally, if it is of interest, your friend can have it for the cost of postage (or free if he collects from Devonshire!) and a donation to the South West Blood Bikes charity.

I can take and whatsapp pictures if you or your friend are interested.

A

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adie P
    Thanks for trying to help. But he has temporally patched his own seat up and said thanks but he will wait and see if a good one turns up. But thanks.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1