Looking At Buying My First Tiger 1050..

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by VS675R, May 15, 2017.

1. VS675R

VS675R New Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Lancaster, UK
    Morning guys,

I have a Street triple RX which I have had for 2 years and I absolutely adore it.. Now the mrs want's to start coming out with me a bit more on the back, Now obviously as you all know the street doesn't cope with 2 up very well! I don't want to get rid of my street so I am in the market for a 2nd bike..

Now here's what I have found..A dealer with a 1050 Tiger on a 08 plate, 29K, full panniers and top box, FTSH, and an alarm. Asking price is £4.500, does that sound like a good deal?

I just wanted to know other peoples who has experience with the tiger who could advise on the mileage and what the bike is like for touring and quick runs with 2 up.. Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi,i'm sure some of the local Tiger boys will be along shortly to help:) I'm sure someone posted a Tiger for sale on here recently,it sounded good

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi V, as you can see I run a Tiger - a 955 version - and I find it a great bike, so I can only assume the 1050 will be at least as good.

£4500 for a 9 yr old bike with nearly 30,000 mls on it ? - sounds like too much money tbh. A quick look on Ebay suggest the price for this bike should be under £4000, probably nearer to £3750 - but of course if it an absolutely mint bike and has full receipts for all work done (not just a stamped service book, which means nothing) then maybe it's worth a bit more.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. WesSmith

WesSmith Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Hastings, East Sussex
    Check out Tiger1050 forum too.....

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Echo what littleade says - you must test ride two up before making a decision.

• Thanks Thanks x 1