Lets give this a go then

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by SamC, Oct 14, 2016.

1. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    Well i took the jump and bought some, so lets see how it goes. any tips for applying it? spraying? brushing? IMG_8767.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. phantom

phantom Member

Jul 17, 2016
    n.e. lincs
    Hi SamC, I just apply thin layer to all shiney bits with a rag,I have the aerosol and it does not spray just froths,you dont need a lot just thin film. Good stuff

3. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    Just the shiney bits? or the whole engine? i was under the impression to go over the whole lump?

4. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Can be used to protect all the bike except for seat tyres discs and brake pads :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Hi Sam, Ive been using this stuff for years....very good at what it does. I use a paint aerosol cap to hold the liquid & a 1/2 inch brush & a cloth too. Brush the ACF into the nooks & crannies with the brush & wipe over the obvious bits with a cloth.
    I wipe the excess off the exhaust but be warned, the bike will smoke like hell when you start it up not matter how careful you are with it, but within a couple of minutes the smoke will clear & it`s job done my friend. I put it on a couple of times during the winter. I don`t clean the engine off when I wash her during the winter unless I`m about to re-coat her with the stuff. The spray can is a bit wasteful as obviously a fair content of the can is propellant. Be very careful if you are going to put it on anything that is going to fly round & round at a fast rate of knots.....I used it on my ABS pick up disc on the rear wheel of my Tiger as it was showing signs of corrosion... I was careful but I did 14 mile on her afterwards & it had moved onto the rear disc by way of centrifugal force .....it did come off again with brake cleaner, but it could of been worse:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I'd just mix it with Lambs Rum and pop a few ice cubes in and imbibe it slowly.

• Like Like x 3
  7. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    #7 SamC, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Thank you, great reply :)

8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

As said, spray all over, up high to start with and use a small cloth to spread it around. A little goes a long way, just keep use same bit of cloth. Bits you can't get into just spray in and wipe the excess around.
    When done, put in a zip lock bag and use it next time, or for touch ups!
    I always wear some nitrile gloves, cos it is messy.

Used this stuff on all my bikes, and all have been rust free after many wet miles. Do mine every spring when coming out and every winter before going away.

• Like Like x 2