Trident Just Ordered My Trident 660 – Triple Tribute Edition!

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by FlyingAce71, May 31, 2024.

1. FlyingAce71

FlyingAce71 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2023
    Northwest Arkansas
    I was wanting to get a sport bike to compliment my Bonneville T120 and I was waffling between the Thruxton FE, used Thruxton 1200RS and a Kawasaki Z900RS. Then Triumph posted pics of the Slippery Sam Tribute Trident on my FB and I took the bait! I called my dealer and he put me on the list with a deposit.
    Went in to the dealer yesterday to test ride a Trident 660 they have there. It was a fun, lightweight, spirited bike, lots of revs, agile, and solid! The Triumph rep was there, ridden in on his 2023 Thruxton RS and offered to let me take his for a ride as well. I think I've made the right choice, as much as I adore the Thruxton look, I'm a little too short for it. My bonneville is about as high as I'd like and I really thought the Trident at 31.7" height was going to be too tall but that seat is slender and allows me plenty of 1 up, 1 down stability.
    I enjoyed riding the Thruxton but honestly, it was too close to the feel of my Bonneville T120. I wanted something sporty as a different choice on those days I just want to fly. I love cruising on the T120, and it's comfy, powerful, low end grunt, great engine. The Trident will be a high strung fun fling! My Bonnie and My Sammy – Can't want to see them in my garage together and out on the road!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Congratulations to your new bike! :party:
    Enjoy it, when you get it!

3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi happy new bike day. I have the 660 tiger sport and it is a terrific addition to any garage.

• Agree Agree x 1